“Not worth the price or the hassle”

Comfort Inn Winterville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterville
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Not worth the price or the hassle”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This place charges too much for what is offered. No elevator to the upper floors, econo lodge quality beds, bad breakfast. The staff is always friendly, but they are stuck with a bad property here. The WiFi is spotty at best.
Also, they stick it to you with a $1.50 safe charge even if you didn't use the safe. They should take that money and put it back into the rooms.
For the price you pay, try another place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Do not stay at this Hotel. It is so old and they OVER charge for less what they have to offer. Where do I begin? No automatic doors , so you struggle with your bags to get through the door.NO elevator so you have to carry everything up the stairs. Our door had no metal plate to secure the lock, just a big hole in the door jam.The room smelled of old linens. There are big stains on the wall next to the bed , that I don't even want to know how they got there. The comforter and blankets were very old looking. NO bathroom fan , so the mirror and everything else gets coated with moisture.NO toilet paper holder. The coffee pot was extremely RUSTED , yes rusted! This place is so nasty and the price is outrageous for what you get in return.
After sleeping in those conditions , I didn't have high hopes for breakfast. I looked at everything they were serving. It didn't look too awful bad, till I saw a bunch of hard boiled eggs sitting on a serving tray immersed in a clear liquid.(probably water, yuk! ) OH and one more thing, I was looking to purchase a bottle of water from one of their vending machines (later in the evening) Not one machine had water . . . . no water???? My advise to the owners would be re-invest in your property. Give a nice comfortable and clean place for your costumers to stay. So people will want to return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank honest26

Travelers are raving about these Winterville hotels

Wrightsville Beach
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Not sure what the previous person issue was. I have stayed here on several occasions over the last two years and the property has undergone some nice renovations. The room was clean, had high speed internet, nice breakfast. This Comfort Inn was clean, no frills, quiet so it did the trick. Will be back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Vicki R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winterville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks
Sudhir Patel
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2008

Went to this hotel for a convention. WOW what a mistake!! First, they screwed up the reservation and gave me the wrong room....a king instead of a double...how embarrassing is that when you arrive with a male employee.
Secondly, the room was filthy, dirty carpet, smelly and looked to be something brown and gooey smeared all over the bathroom ceiling...YUK!! Had to deal with someone in the next room with a loud TV or radio until 5 or 6am....what a BAD BAD stay.

Pay the extra bucks and go somewhere nice!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the brown gooey nasty lookng stuff smeared all over the bathroom ceiling
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ImmaAtDaBeach
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed February 19, 2008

We stayed here for a wrestling match my kids were participating in. It was great. Staff even helped me out with the luggage! The breakfast was definitely more than just continental. Would be staying here every year now

• Liked — The hotel looked brand new
  • Disliked — The smoking smell in the upstairs hallway
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Gocacs

Sudhir Patel
North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I would rank this as only adequate compared to other places that I have stayed at in Greenville. 3 out 5 rooms I have stayed at had major problem with the bathtub finishes making it a little scarry to bathe/shower. Every room has had a host of problems such a burned out bulbs, missing fixtures such as alarm clocks, poorly maintained finishes such as paint, and finger prints and other "stuff" on doors. Plus some rooms can be fairly noisy. I've never had these problems at the Quality Inn which is the other ChoiceHotel in Greenville plus its about $20.00 less a night. Summary: looks good from the outside, little disappointed on the inside.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2007

I stay in Comfort Inns almost exclusively when I travel because of the quality of stay and reasonable price. However, this hotel was very disappointing and not representative of what I have come to expect from Comfort Inn. It appears that the ant problem that the previous reviewer had, was not resolved in the past year, despite the "management change" (I tend to believe that review was made by someone affiliated with that particular hotel - the name/initials are very similar to the manager's name of this hotel). There were ants everywhere in the bathroom. I couldn't tell if there were any in the rest of the room, as the carpets were dark and it was not very well lit, and we came in very late in the evening. I also had requested a room with a whirlpool tub, which I received; however, the whirlpool did not work. Again, extremely disappointing, as I had paid a premium for this room, and didn't get even the bare minimum of what I paid for. As we got in so late, I did not voice my concerns until the next morning, but it was unable to be resolved as the front desk personnel could not give a refund, and did not really seem very concerned about my dissatisfaction. He asked me to write a letter to the manager, who "might be in later that day". The breakfast buffet was good, as usual, and otherwise, besides being a bit noisy (which the hotel doesn't have much control over anyway), the room was average - it is an older hotel and otherwise seemed fairly clean, just a bit dated. All in all, however, this hotel is not representative of what I have come to expect from Comfort Inn, and I am currently speaking with the manager and the Choice Hotels customer service center to resolve my problems with this particular stay.

• Liked — Proximity to festival we were attending
  • Disliked — Ant problem, broken whirlpool, customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterville
Baymont Inn & Suites Greenville
#10 of 21 in Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville
#1 of 21 in Greenville

Been to Comfort Inn Winterville? Share your experiences!