“Very helpful and easy to get too” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Coliseum

Quality Inn Coliseum
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Hardin, Kentucky, United States
“Very helpful and easy to get too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed for the Elton John concert and the Martinsville race, and it was close to the concert venue. The staff was very helpful and went above and beyond our expectations when I needed to get my tickets printed... They gave good directions and had new about the area. The room was nice clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Majestic S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Centerville, Ohio, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I made an error when I booked this. I looked at the Quality Inn University but left the site. I came back to book and accidentally booked the Quality Inn Coliseum. This place was overpriced for what you get. It's an older motel and the majority of the people staying there were construction workers. I wouldn't have minded had it been priced at $40 instead of $68. Ironically, the Quality Inn University is only about 4 miles north, is LESS THAN this place was, and much newer, cleaner, nicer, and surrounded by restaurants and stores. This place isn't near anything and we had to drive up to the other Quality Inn to eat. Distance to Wake Forest is about the same so do yourself a favor and stay at the Quality Inn University and not the Quality Inn Coliseum.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg C

Travelers are raving about these Winston Salem hotels

temple hills md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here on October 18 thru October 20, 2013. The hotels in that town were booked that weekend. However, we were able to book a room, the room was a smooking room. As soon as we got off the elevator, you could smell the smoke. When we entered the room it reaked of smoke. We when and talked to the manager on staff, he gave us some FERBREEZE to use in the room. We told them that the room needed more than some ferbreeze. We advised him that we could not stay in that room, they offered us another room, but not until the next day. We were asked who booked the room, well I said I did, I told him that I had stayed in hotel rooms that were marked smoking rooms, and they did not smell like that. It was very uncomfortable for us. We also, requested that we get our money back, becuase the room was not habiable to sleep in, of course they told us that we could not have our money back, because we did not cancel within 48 hours. We were only cancelling because the room was not fit to sleep in. My niece decided to stay there, she was in the room and roaches was crawling down the wall on top of the room smelling of smoke. She when to the front desk again, and raised cane. The front desk manager, again stated that we could not receive our money back, however, when she mentioned that should be contact the Corporate office, we then received our room charge back. The room looked clean, however, they should have left the air conditioner on to try and air out some of the smoke that was left from the previous tenant. My brother did turn on the air conditioner to see if it would help, it did help just a little, however, the room still smelled bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brecra20
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel smells like old beer and cigarettes. Do they even vacuum or clean the walls. Very interesting clientele. The staff look uninterested in helping you. Even though our floor was non smoking, it wreaked of smoke and beer parties. Even though the sanitation rating was a B, it should have been a D.

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The plant is definitely not up to date, and it's not in a happening area but, it's also $68. They have security that comes on at 11pm & patrols until dawn - so cars are safe. The staff are very nice.
It was fine for us - we were exhausted so we ordered in from Elizabeth's (good Italian) and just chilled.
Breakfast was very weak - you could make a waffle, toast, mini bagel, oatmeal, apples and banana - no eggs or sausage - coffee was bad.
But, there's a McDonalds a heartbeat away(my favorite coffee).
Towels were clean, bathroom old but water was hot and everything worked.
If I'm ever back that way and priced as it is - I'd consider staying there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mays Landing, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very terrible,my wife and I was bitten by bed bugs, the room was very hot and the air condition was no help, the tv was out dated the remote controlled did not work sometimes and when I went to the front desk with the remote control they wanted to give me a bunch of numbers to try to make it work with the tv. I will never stay at this place again nor recommend it to anyone. When I contacted them about the bed bugs problem their attitude was o well.

Room Tip: rooms have bed bugs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We work very hard in making sure you have a good stay with us. Once a guest checks out we do a DETAILED inspection of the rooms and have not had any report of a bed bug problem. When a Guest is Not Satisfied with their stay we take this matter VERY SERIOUSLY!! Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to work with you in getting this matter squared away.

Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Don't let them fool you! There was no Hot Buffet Breakfast during the week! Also, this hotel is in a bad area. I was afraid my car was going to be broken into. We were approached by someone in the parking lot begging for money! Also, the rooms have not been updated in years! Very disappointing for the money we spent. We stayed there while traveling from Louisiana.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
QualityINN_WS, General Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us. We are continually striving to improve our facility and this helps us very much. It does concern me form where you are getting your information. We do not advertise HOT Breakfast as we are currently renovating our kitchen. I am happy to let you know that by October we will have finished our renovation and will be providing HOT Breakfast!! We do hope you'll give us a second chance. Your business is very important to us. I never want to see an unhappy guest!!!