“Might stay there again”

Quality Inn Coliseum
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The plant is definitely not up to date, and it's not in a happening area but, it's also $68. They have security that comes on at 11pm & patrols until dawn - so cars are safe. The staff are very nice.
It was fine for us - we were exhausted so we ordered in from Elizabeth's (good Italian) and just chilled.
Breakfast was very weak - you could make a waffle, toast, mini bagel, oatmeal, apples and banana - no eggs or sausage - coffee was bad.
But, there's a McDonalds a heartbeat away(my favorite coffee).
Towels were clean, bathroom old but water was hot and everything worked.
If I'm ever back that way and priced as it is - I'd consider staying there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very terrible,my wife and I was bitten by bed bugs, the room was very hot and the air condition was no help, the tv was out dated the remote controlled did not work sometimes and when I went to the front desk with the remote control they wanted to give me a bunch of numbers to try to make it work with the tv. I will never stay at this place again nor recommend it to anyone. When I contacted them about the bed bugs problem their attitude was o well.

Room Tip: rooms have bed bugs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We work very hard in making sure you have a good stay with us. Once a guest checks out we do a DETAILED inspection of the rooms and have not had any report of a bed bug problem. When a Guest is Not Satisfied with their stay we take this matter VERY SERIOUSLY!! Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to work with you in getting this matter squared away.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Don't let them fool you! There was no Hot Buffet Breakfast during the week! Also, this hotel is in a bad area. I was afraid my car was going to be broken into. We were approached by someone in the parking lot begging for money! Also, the rooms have not been updated in years! Very disappointing for the money we spent. We stayed there while traveling from Louisiana.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
QualityINN_WS, General Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us. We are continually striving to improve our facility and this helps us very much. It does concern me form where you are getting your information. We do not advertise HOT Breakfast as we are currently renovating our kitchen. I am happy to let you know that by October we will have finished our renovation and will be providing HOT Breakfast!! We do hope you'll give us a second chance. Your business is very important to us. I never want to see an unhappy guest!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The time was 10:00 at night. We stepped out of the elevator on the 8th floor and the temperature was in the 90's. When we went in the room/a southern view the heat was stifling and the air conditioner couldn't overcome it.
The girl (Heather) at the desk was helpful, and offered us another room, but it was on the ground floor and the hotel was hosting a mufflerless motorcycle gang. The host did help us to get our refund, but we ended up not finding another room on our way home and at 4 am our journey ended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Upon arrival to this hotel we noticed a subject sitting on wall in front of hotel while consuming a malt beverage. However; the staff at check in were friendly and the breakfast was great the visit was negative after that. Let me start by saying that the following problems were addressed twice on different days with no resolve. Television reception was terrible and there was an odd odor in our room. Furthermore; on our second day we found bugs in our bed of which I took 2 samples and are having them examined but as a precaution we had to unload all of our luggage outside of our home, spray our suitcases, transfer clothes to plastic bags and then straight to washer, "what an inconvenience". this is just another example of the decline of "choice hotel's" and their lax approach to franchising.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

What was I thinkin
Who can I blame
MY room was "stinkin"...
and I trusted YOUR name...

I purchased 6 rooms
at the Quality Inn
Where in the world
was your QUALITY then???

I said "TRIP ADVISOR"
and you seemed amused
suprisingly
SOME PEOPLE READ MY REVIEWS....

My entries are valid
My comments don't stink
A hotels a business
YOU NEED TO RETHINK

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FLYGUYY
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our room was was clean , the bed was very comfortable(we took our pillows)Do not know about breakfast , we didn't get up early enough to eat. The towels were soft. My partner went for coffee (they have it 24 hrs) he said it was very dirty there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Coliseum, in Winston Salem. I am glad to hear your stay with us was well except for the coffee station. We have our staff clean and maintain all areas of the building on a regular schedule.
Thank you for the feed back this will help us in focusing on areas we need to work on.