“Things are looking up for this place”

Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
winston salem
“Things are looking up for this place”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is going threw some changes and things are looking better with the cleaning and the look of the hotel. The staff is very nice and try to make you feel like you are at home. I would stay hear again it is worth checking out

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise during your recent visit to the Quality Inn, Winston Salem, NC.

We have been renovating the hotel to better service our guest requests and I Thank you for noticing the change. We listen to everything guest have to say and will do everything we can to accomodate any request you have. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it is only through the eyes of our guest that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

531 Akron Drive
Winston Salem, NC 27105
336-767-8240

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newport, NC
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had very comfortable, clean rooms, with refrigerator & microwave. Great breakfast, too, with big variety of cereals for the kids! The largest plus is the owner and the staff of this property; absolutely the most attentive and the best service - ever. Hotel is in excellent location, and we will definitely stay here again.
Pat Deitz

Room Tip: Great breakfast, with a very large assortment of cereals for the kids! Rooms include microwaves and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, August 2, 2012

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

531 Akron Drive
Winston Salem, NC 27105
336-767-8240
Dearborn, MI
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I got this hotel on a HotWire name your own price, non-refundable deal. Two things I blame Hot Wire for 1) pulling a Micky Finn I bid on a hotel they said was available, which with research I figured out and kinda knew which one it was. Then they said "sorry, not available but an equally good one is" I should have said NO THANKS instead of yes. 2) they have this listed as a 2.5 to 3.5 star hotel NOT!!! I only got his hotel for 10 dollars less than the going rate! Quite a rip-off for having a non-refundable, yadda-yadda (all the trouble with those name your own price) So I immediately go to my fabulous most trusted Trip Advisor which I love and am HORRIFIED with the reviews.
Well, it wasn't so bad for the price, the reviews overstated the dumpiness, the breakfast is free so saved me some money not having to go out. Plus, I just happened to be furniture week, so I was lucky to get a room anywhere! BUT NOT 2.5 stars!!! so this misleads people. 1-1.5 at best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for at the Quality Inn Coliseum. Please keep in mind when rooms are booked via 3rd party channels the room type and smoking preferences are NOT GUARANTEED. For future stays please book directly with us by calling the hotel directly.

Travelers are raving about these Winston Salem hotels

toronto
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel needs a complete spring cleaning.The corners in the hall and bathrooms need extra attention ..
When we arrived,after 6 nights in similar Choice hotels,we found the most unfriendly staff,on our whole trip.
The beds were clean and very comfortable,which was a saving grace.
The breakfast on a weekday,was very lacking,no eggs,and mostly donuts and sweet pastries,and stale english muffins.Also there were no lids for the coffee cups.so taking a drink to our room,was not an option.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank moggey
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was our second stay at this particular facility and upon arrival we felt somewhat unwelcome , although the first time we stayed there 6 months ago we did not feel the same. We both had an impression we were intruding, not making it a great start for our stay,. When I went to get a cup of coffee there were no cups available, but the clerk quickly offered to get some. He brought some cups back, but no lids. He had to go back to where they were stored to get more. It was then he began to be a bit more friendly and made us feel a bit more welcome. Although the breakfast advertised was to be a "super" breakfast, the first time we were offered eggs and sausage with all the other amenities. This time they offered waffles, but didn't have the equipment set up to make them. The coffee was like lightly flavored water, was not hot, and when I asked for this to be corrected I was immediately told it wasn't going to happen unless the pot was empty. We got a few rolled eyes at the request, again, not making us feel warm and fuzzy. The orange juice was almost totally water, but once the attendant noticed the problem she put in a new supply. I am a diabetic, and would have loved to eat a waffle, but no low sugar syrup was available. No peanut butter and no low sugar jam or jelly was available for toast. This makes it a bit difficult for me to obtain a healthy breakfast.

The beds were ok, but hard. The pillows were good and comfortable. I was a bit disappointed by some of the things I noticed in the room, such as a few spots on the carpet and the baseboard in the bathroom was dirty with an accumulation of dust and such around the floor.

We have had two experiences in this hotel, 6 months apart. We chose to go back to them because the first was pleasurable. After the second, I'm not sure we would return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityINN_WS, Manager at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear your stay with us this time was not exceptional like last time and you experienced some problem with the breakfast during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. the reason why we did not have the usual breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs, sausage and gritts is because we were updating the kitchen area and were not able to provide it at this time. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken. I can also assure you during your next stay with us we will be done with the renovations and be able to provide DELUX Breakfast.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Sincerely
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2012

If this was a 1 star hotel I would say it was OK, but labeled as a 2.5 star is a joke. I went for a weekend with the guys, so we ended up roughing it, but if the family was along we would have ran out of there like I saw several other families doing! Upon checking in, we had asked for non smoking and were told there would be a $10 up charge per night per room and in cash. This was a very large hotel with maybe 15 cars in the parking lot, there were plenty of open rooms that were non smoking. Upon getting to our rooms, we noticed the AC unit was extremely loud in both rooms we had. When we inquired the front desk, we were told that was usual. No need to say, not much sleep occurred. The "Deluxe Continental breakfast" was the poorest excuse I have ever seen for a breakfast anything. The only reason this hotel stays in business is Priceline/Hotwire!

Room Tip: The highway is loud along with the AC units.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My parents came here to stay the night because I was at the time admitted at The Childrens Home service a while back in fact i don't know what year exactly. so they were from Asheville. The walls were disgusting the floors had stains everywhere....i went out to the pool to swim with them and there was random people sitting and eat on the outside chairs and tables that don't even stay there! it's loud at night and weird things happen...my sister and I complained about someone one grabbing us from behind when we go in the elevator...shadows flash around and the best part is this ...THE TV turns itself on and flicks through channels and turns the volume up so high and down to mute. and best part was the employees didn't care in fact I could guess that
maybe 3 people worked there....and maybe two cleaning ladies....and by the way there was a bullet hole on the 4th floor like the other person described...so for your sanity and sanitary sake...DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: None!!!! My suggestion is to do not go here until things are fixed.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family