“Convenient location with everything in walking distance!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Convenient location with everything in walking distance!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel in the heart of Winston-Salem offers peace and quite in your room with a good amount of activity within walking distance. The pool is fairly cool, so I choose the hot tub instead. There is a restaurant and bar on the ground level, nothing special, but nice to have room service if needed. The beds and linens were comfy and our room had an awesome view of Pilot Mtn. This hotel gets lots of "conference traffic" and has a walk way over the street to connect to the neighboring hotel. They have valet parking service and a parking deck. All the employes were pleasant and welcoming. The best part of this hotel is the variety of restaurants and night life within walking distance. I highly recommend a horse-drawn buggy ride, those ladies are great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and downtown area have to offer. We are please that your received great service from our dedicated staff as well. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our second visit for a Wake Forest University family weekend. The rooms are modestly fitted out but very spacious in all respects - very comfortable. The Managers cocktail party and included breakfast are enhancers. We find the location perfect - restaurants in Fourth Street are an attraction. Car Park location also is very handy. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall, this is great value and we will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and downtown area have to offer. We hope you can visit us again soon!

St. Simons Island, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. This was in a great location, staff was nice and suites were big. Furnishings need updating but we were very happy overall. Loved the free breakfast buffet and managers reception. It was a great value for the price we paid. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and area have to offer. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Winston-Salem, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked a two room suite and was pleasntly surprised at the size. More than enough room for two. Staff were great and will be booking here when I am in town from now on. Enjoyed the Manager's reception as well. Nice finger foods and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review of Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to enjoy one of our many spacious suites. I am happy to see you were able to visit us during our evening reception as well. We hope you can visit us again in the future!

Buford, Georgia
Reviewed February 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although I stayed here for business, I also stayed an extra night for my friends b-day. The service was wonderful and the bartender was very informative about other places to visit for dinner. Will definitely visit again. If there was one negative, I cut myself on the frame of the bed and although they fixed it, there wasn't an apology or compensation.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon R
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disturbed that you we experienced and issue with the bed concerning safety. I am glad we were able to fix issue, but apologize if their was not the appropriate follow up with our staff. You may feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Penfield, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Amazing room and great staff at this hotel. I would definately stay there again. Were loads of great restaurants and bars within 2 blocks. Had a really nice stay. The staff were all super friendly and went out of their way to make certain we had a good stay. The evening happy is nothing good, but it is free.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank jejohnsonjr

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here one night while on business. Overall, I was quite happy with my stay. Since Winston-Salem isn't exactly a tourist destination, this hotel fills its role as a business stay hotel very well. It falls short from an excellent only because nothing jumped out at me as amazing or memorable. It was definitely a great stay though.

Check-in was solid, but not noteworthy. The valet at first seemed distracted by whatever it was he was playing with on the valet desk, but about 10 seconds after pulling up, he ran over and gave me a good greeting door side. I grabbed my own bag since it was small, but he did open the door and show me to the reception desk, solid work. The desk agent was also courteous and gave me all pertinent information a professional manner.

My room was on the 8th floor. It was a one bedroom suite with a large living room. It was clean and had modern, but not overly new furnishings. My only major complaint is the way the bathroom was set up. There is only one entrance to the bathroom which leads straight into the toilet and shower area. A guest has to pass through both on their way to the sink. This was fine for me by myself, but if a family is staying, it could cause some inconvenience and privacy issues for someone using the facilities while someone else wants to brush their teeth or do their make up.

I did like that the management had a laminated brochure put together listing all my benefits as an HHonors member. It was left along with my complimentary water on the dining table. I thought this was a nice touch although not necessary. It showed that the management appreciates corporate loyalty.

Like most Embassy Suites I've visited, this one serves both breakfast and happy hour drinks and snacks. Breakfast was tasty but not anything to write home about. I would say that the staff was present and kept the buffet stocked and tables cleared.

Happy Hour was also good. Drink quality varied with the various bartenders, but the two I had were both good. Their is a two (free) drink max at happy hour. I didn't test it, so I don't know if you can get away with more. The atmosphere was comfortable. There were plenty of guests and everyone seemed to be chatting and having a good time. The bar tenders were both friendly and provided good service.

I was pleased with my stay. My only major complaint would be with the $160/night price tag. I'm sure that the GM is dynamically pricing and staying competitive, but it just seems out of sync with all the other hotels that were around $100/night on various websites. I paid with points (30,000 Hhonors), so the price didn't sting quite as bad. Valet is also $15/night. I don't know if it is worth it, but I like to test out the systems. The valet service works just fine.

I would stay here again, but only if I could find a better rate. The downtown of Winston-Salem didn't seem worth an extra $60/night versus going a few miles outside of town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Often we have conventions and demand in the area which will affect rate. Some weeks or weekends we will have relatively low rates. We will always offer 7 days a week our evening reception and full breakfast buffet with items made to order such as omelets each day and night.

We hope for these reasons, you will stay with us again in the future!