Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem
$90
$89
$84
$97
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$72
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewsevening receptionconvention centeromelettwo room suiteparking deckhot tubvalet parkingliving areadowntown areabusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentindoor poolking bedbeds were comfortablefriesyogurt
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. This was in a great location, staff was nice and suites were big. Furnishings need updating but we were very happy overall. Loved the free breakfast buffet and managers reception. It was a great value for the price we paid. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Randy R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and area have to offer. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked a two room suite and was pleasntly surprised at the size. More than enough room for two. Staff were great and will be booking here when I am in town from now on. Enjoyed the Manager's reception as well. Nice finger foods and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review of Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to enjoy one of our many spacious suites. I am happy to see you were able to visit us during our evening reception as well. We hope you can visit us again in the future!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Although I stayed here for business, I also stayed an extra night for my friends b-day. The service was wonderful and the bartender was very informative about other places to visit for dinner. Will definitely visit again. If there was one negative, I cut myself on the frame of the bed and although they fixed it, there wasn't an apology or compensation.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon R

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disturbed that you we experienced and issue with the bed concerning safety. I am glad we were able to fix issue, but apologize if their was not the appropriate follow up with our staff. You may feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Amazing room and great staff at this hotel. I would definately stay there again. Were loads of great restaurants and bars within 2 blocks. Had a really nice stay. The staff were all super friendly and went out of their way to make certain we had a good stay. The evening happy is nothing good, but it is free.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jejohnsonjr

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and downtown area have to offer. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here one night while on business. Overall, I was quite happy with my stay. Since Winston-Salem isn't exactly a tourist destination, this hotel fills its role as a business stay hotel very well. It falls short from an excellent only because nothing jumped out at me as amazing or memorable. It was definitely a great stay though.

Check-in was solid, but not noteworthy. The valet at first seemed distracted by whatever it was he was playing with on the valet desk, but about 10 seconds after pulling up, he ran over and gave me a good greeting door side. I grabbed my own bag since it was small, but he did open the door and show me to the reception desk, solid work. The desk agent was also courteous and gave me all pertinent information a professional manner.

My room was on the 8th floor. It was a one bedroom suite with a large living room. It was clean and had modern, but not overly new furnishings. My only major complaint is the way the bathroom was set up. There is only one entrance to the bathroom which leads straight into the toilet and shower area. A guest has to pass through both on their way to the sink. This was fine for me by myself, but if a family is staying, it could cause some inconvenience and privacy issues for someone using the facilities while someone else wants to brush their teeth or do their make up.

I did like that the management had a laminated brochure put together listing all my benefits as an HHonors member. It was left along with my complimentary water on the dining table. I thought this was a nice touch although not necessary. It showed that the management appreciates corporate loyalty.

Like most Embassy Suites I've visited, this one serves both breakfast and happy hour drinks and snacks. Breakfast was tasty but not anything to write home about. I would say that the staff was present and kept the buffet stocked and tables cleared.

Happy Hour was also good. Drink quality varied with the various bartenders, but the two I had were both good. Their is a two (free) drink max at happy hour. I didn't test it, so I don't know if you can get away with more. The atmosphere was comfortable. There were plenty of guests and everyone seemed to be chatting and having a good time. The bar tenders were both friendly and provided good service.

I was pleased with my stay. My only major complaint would be with the $160/night price tag. I'm sure that the GM is dynamically pricing and staying competitive, but it just seems out of sync with all the other hotels that were around $100/night on various websites. I paid with points (30,000 Hhonors), so the price didn't sting quite as bad. Valet is also $15/night. I don't know if it is worth it, but I like to test out the systems. The valet service works just fine.

I would stay here again, but only if I could find a better rate. The downtown of Winston-Salem didn't seem worth an extra $60/night versus going a few miles outside of town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Often we have conventions and demand in the area which will affect rate. Some weeks or weekends we will have relatively low rates. We will always offer 7 days a week our evening reception and full breakfast buffet with items made to order such as omelets each day and night.

We hope for these reasons, you will stay with us again in the future!