“Under construction”

Quality Inn University
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were surprised when we arrived to see Dumpsters and construction trucks. The hotel is undergoing a renovation. Our room was in a back section - had to get past the work to get to the lobby for breakfast. Our room had not yet been worked on. We have stayed here before on the way to the coast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KLKOhio
qualityinnuniversity, Webmaster at Quality Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry for the reason for your visit as our hotel was under renovation. You do have my sincerest sympathy during this hard time.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The hotel is under remodeling from the front desk to the rooms, rather than put me in a room that is remodeled I get put in a room that stinks as I'd it was flooded in the past. I stay in a lot of hotels this one is rank one of the worst.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank robpo2613

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Had stayed here in past but has really gone downhill since last visit, Heat in my room was non-exsistent (was cold night-snow) remote for TV did not work, Wi-fi stopped allowing access after while, no clearing of snow for walkways had taken place at all night or next morning..basically this was a cold bed for one night, could have got that for less money anywhere, stay away!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bramabull1

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working TV, Wi-Fi in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed here because it was just an overnight stop and didn't want to spend a great deal of money. Has what you need but it is a motel type hotel. When we are in the area for a number of days we usually stay across the street at the Holiday Inn - pricier but much nicer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working TV, WI FI in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on my way to the beach,the staff was very friendly and the rooms where comfortable and clean. I would gladly recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CALBAKER1989
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I have stayed at this motel twice in the past two years since it is a great stopping point between my destination, and value for your money. It is easy access from Rt. 52 with many nearby restaurants. The 1st time I stayed here I was very impressed - clean, comfortable, friendly atmosphere, a good value for my money. This year I made a couple "observations" which were later remedied by management well beyond what I had asked for or expected. The front desk personnel were courteous to me. I am an early riser and was glad that the continental breakfast facilities were ready to go when I got to the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie237
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We stayed one night over the weekend for a soccer games being held at the Sara Lee complex which is less than 5 min. away. The price was good, but our room smelled like they were trying to cover up another odor. The pull out sofa bed was broke, along with pool. The morning buffet , was ok. Glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank aharris408

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Sofa Bed in the room first assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported and instructed to see to its elimination.