“Best Service”

Courtyard Winston-Salem University
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed December 5, 2005

The hotel was in decent condition. My room was nice and we enjoyed the indoor jacuzzi.

But, the absolute best service I have ever received was after I left my iPod ($300 value) on the bed in the room upon check-out. When I returned home, I called the hotel and was told that it was FOUND and was mailed to my home. I thought my iPod was gone forever, and was so surprised my the honesty of these employees! I sent a letter to the manager thanking him and thanking all of the employees.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Leicester, England
Reviewed October 4, 2005

I was over on business, and was really surprised how good this hotel was. The rooms were nothing to get over excited about, but were spacious and clean and comfy.

The pool was great with a good size patio area with sunbeds. The buffet breakfast was really good with a great selection and they also had out in the foyer free bottles of water, sodas and fruit which was a nice touch.

Overall very happy and would stay in this hotel again if in this area

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2005

I have always thought Courtyards to be slightly nicer than your run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn, but unfortunately I found that this was not the case in WS. The room was adequate for our needs, but several annoyances still shone through: uncomfortable beds, old-looking areas of the bathroom and entryway, uncomfortable A/C... One thing that did disappoint was the lack of a free breakfast, promised over the phone. However this does appear to be the best thing near campus, so I suppose it will have to do unless one doesn't mind staying in the Hanes Mall area.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
Cary, NC
Reviewed June 10, 2004

I stayed at the Courtyard down the road from Wake Forest University twice this spring, and I was delighted with this little hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. For both of my trips, I arrived very late at night and received a very pleasant welcome from the front desk staff on duty. I had one minor problem (light smell of smoke in room) that was resolved quickly (assigned to another room w/no smoke). In the mornings, I found the staff to be efficient and helpful as I headed off to visit Wake Forest University. I was also happy with the light breakfasts that I got in the hotel's restaurant. If you need a convenient and reasonably priced place to stay while visiting Wake Forest University, I recommend the Courtyard.

• Stayed: March 2004, traveled on business
Boulder, CO
Reviewed April 21, 2003

We used to stay at the Hampton Inn across the road and I must say, the Hamtpon Inn has better rooms, free breakfast, better service and is cheaper. I found this hotel to be pretty unimpressive...