“Agreed! STAY AWAY NOW!”

Ranked #489 of 689 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Wow! It's Steak n Shake can't be all that bad right? It's that bad! Went on a Tuesday night 2 people waiting and hosting waited 10+ minutes to order drink & meal drinks just water and a soda came with food 25 minutes later they ran out of DP so now refill not even given water food was bad got sick thankfully my hotel was nearby. Seems to be a growing trend short staffed bad food and worse service.

1  Thank istrainer1

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My family of three were seated after a10 minute wait. No menus given. We had to get up and get our own menus. Confusion with waiters. Two of them took our drink orders. No napkins. Had to get up again to get our own napkins. No silverware. Very blah burgers and fries. We then had to literally find someone to check us out at the register. A church van with a few kids came in and this place couldn't handle it. Horrible management. Customers were complaining all around us. Overall terrible experience. Wish I would have gone to Cook Out Burgers one block away. We won't be coming to this Steak & Shake in Winston-Salem ever again.

1  Thank dreamz_in_color
Reviewed March 12, 2014

.....better yet, spend a couple more dollars elsewhere and get a much better burger. Not the worst I've had.....but the whole "steak" reference is a bit misleading - more like "Steak-um"-style THIN sliced beef. I ordered a double burger....and glad I did, as I'm not sure I would've been able to taste a "single" patty! Cheap prices....but cheap (quality) food. Don't bother....unless you're starving.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My son and I were on a trip home from out of state and, when I asked about lunch, he mentioned he wanted to have lunch a Steak & Shake. Even though it meant waiting a few extra hours for lunch, I agreed. We stopped at the Patterson location and ordered lunch at the counter. From that vantage I looked back into the kitchen and . . . well, I can honestly say I have never seen a more filthy kitchen. Evidently they were cleaning the grills and the mess was everywhere. The staff seemed indifferent to the mess and made no effort to clean up. The manager was clearly over whelmed and the workers dropped the occasional foul word as they discussed the job of cleaning the grills. It was so gross my son stopped eating and we just got up and left. I mentioned to our server that, if a Health Inspector had come through the door, they would have been shuttered immediately. Even better, I called the corp. office to let them know they had a real problem on their hands and offered to show photos I took on my cell phone so they could take informed measures to correct the situation. They thanked me, sent me an email saying they were sorry and that was that. So, if nothing else, I will post the photos I offered to send to corp. here

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First time I ever tried this restaurant. Great food, nice laid back atmosphere and excellent prices. I will definitely eat here again. Workers were friendly and store was clean