“Fantastic Lunch!”
Review of Wen Hwa Asian Fusion Cuisine - CLOSED

Wen Hwa Asian Fusion Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wen Hwa is located just outside of downtown Winston Salem. We offer onsite parking as well as motorcycle parking. Wen Hwa is not in anyway associated with Xia.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Lunch!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Literally the best General Tso's chicken I have ever had. Usually I'm not a big fan, because it's typically just heavily breaded bites of chicken with a heavy, sweet sauce, but this was lightly breaded large pieces of chicken in a light sweet/spicy sauce. My wife wouldn't have ordered it, but it was the special, so she decided to get it. I had the lemon grass chicken, which was also delicious. Service was very attentive and personable. I will definitely eat here again.

Visited July 2012

Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Casual, quiet dining experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on two separate occasions -- both times enjoyable. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was really good. Both the owner and our waiter checked on us multiple times during our dinner and our water glasses were kept full. The food is pretty good, and I have sampled the chicken lettuce wraps and Cantonese Chow Fun (wide rice noodles with veggies). I highly recommend both of these dishes -- very flavorful. Once you pay your bill, you are given a 10% coupon to use on a return visit. Every little bit helps, and I will be back for another casual get-together with friends.

• Visited June 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
“Nice decor with parking--food has a heavy taste”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Hadn't been here in a long time as I thought it was overpriced for what it was at lunch--and the halogen lights bother my eyes. Went recently and was disappointed in the food--it wasn't horrible, but nothing special and I had the lettuce wraps--enough for 2 or 3 so I took a lot home but it seemed heavy and no real seasoning. I would not order again and probably won't be returning there. There is the Downtown Thai right around the corner for Thai and Vietnamese---good food and atmosphere but pricey and Chada Thai, delicious but not downtown , which are both totally better.

• Visited April 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“First Time”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

It was our first time at the Wen Hwa Asian Fusion restuarant. I wanted to take my partner somewhere kinda romantic, but not spend and arm and a leg. I had passed by this restuarant many times and always thought I gotta eat there. Tonight I got that chance. We were a little ahead of the downtown dinner crowd. We got there and had the entire place to ourselves. Our server, Ashley, was awesome! She even asked us our names so she would remember us if we came back! We started off with the Fried Shrimp rolls. Wonderful flavor, a little greasy but the flavor was so good, you didn't notice too much. For dinner, my partner got the Singapore Street noodles and I got the Mandarin Orange Chicken. Both dishes were absolutely divine!
We were able to enjoy our entire dinner with personal care by the wait staff. As we were getting ready to leave it was clear the dinner crowd was rolling in. Prices were fair, dinner was great, I would eat there again!! Way to go Wen Hwa Asian Fusion for delivering on our evening out!

• Visited April 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
“Pretty place but average quality food”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is a pretty place with very nice service. Also neat touches like sake tasting, two person dinner specials, etc. The unfortunate part is that the food comes out so quick it is obviously mostly pre-prepared and not cooked fresh.Quality is about on par with the storefront Chinese take out shops that are so common. Ate here in the past under previous management, and it really seemed much better then.
Since there is absolutely no really good Chinese restaurants in Winston-Salem, this one could be great with a better approach to fresh cook to order oriental food. For now I suggest staying with any number of the really great cook to order Thai places in this town. You'll have to wait for someone to step forward for an equal in the Chinese cuisine arena. There just isn't any in W-S.

• Visited March 2012
WenHwaAFC, Owner at Wen Hwa Asian Fusion Cuisine, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
I apologize about your dishes come out so fast. Please do not assume that any of our food is pre cooked. If our food is not fresh then pls let us know.. I invite you to come in and found out how we are able to prepare our food quickly for our customers. We have a steamer wok with boiling water at all times, we use that in order to half cook quickly then, we use our fryer wok to cook it more thorough and adding sauces and spices. We have developed this technique in order to provide quicker service for our customers, especially our lunch customers.