“Big Mama's is Awesome!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Mama's
Reviewed December 12, 2011

There's a well known place in Chapel Hill called Mama Dipps who has built a name on southern soul cooking. Big Mama's here in Winston-Salem will give Mama Dipp a run for her money. Big Mama's is better than Mama Dipps! I now don't have to drive to Chapel Hill to eat great Southern food! I've eaten at Big Mama's a lot since she opened. We stopped in on Thanksgiving day and it was just as awesome. I have to give a big shout out to her "Sweet Potato Dressing/Stuffing." It was to die for. Hope Big Mama is around Washington Park Neighborhood for a long, long time.

1  Thank Dean S

Reviewed November 18, 2011

The chicken & dumplings was fantastic, all of the vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly and the corn bread,YUMMY!!!! The owner was very friendly and I am going to be a regular customer!!

1  Thank CowandPig
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Good ole Country cooking at it's finest. This was my second trip. My first trip was a vegetable plate and those were the best greens I have ever had in my life!!! My second trip I had baked chicken and it was wonderful. This lady can really cook some lip smacking good food. I highly recommend this place to everyone!

2  Thank Sugarfoot75
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This unpretentious Southside eatery in the old Acadia Grill building serves up home cooking the way it should be done - the collards, for example, are as good as can be made. Other regular menu items like country style steak and beef tips over rice, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese are outstanding as well, and the peach cobbler is the specialty dessert. There are special featured items each night, and the fried catfish, when offered, should not be missed. The proprietor is a delightful woman who makes all her guests feel at home, and she will also take catering jobs that receive rave reviews. Served cafeterial style, Big Mama's does a lot of take out, and there are tables in the restaurant. The price is right, too. Ya'll come.

2  Thank TwinCityGuy