“Great food in a local bar”
Review of Diamondback Grill

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great food in a bar scene, very casual, not too loud or rowdy. Friendly and low key, but surprising menu choices of steak and seafood.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My "Sisters and Friends" group chose this out of the way, "would not know it was here if you were not local", very unique spot as our meeting place for birthdays, Christmas celebrations, etc. a number of years ago. We never fail to go back at least a couple of times a year and, as our group numbers 8-10, we always have a table waiting when we arrive due to our reservations made a couple of days ahead. The joint is jumping on weekends and the bar crowd is made up of alot of "usuals" and repeat diners. The corner fireplace in the large bar/dining room makes this room my preferred spot over the seperate smaller room on the other side of the establishment---it's just more cozy and inviting...especially the couch areas near the bar.
The menu is varied: a make your own salad, which you check off the ingredients from a list the wait staff offers for you (add egg, bacon, pick your lettuce style, meat topping, etc.), a number of daily specials (usually in the $25+ range with a fish and a beef choice), and one of our favorites is the prime rib steak sandwich with great homemade fries for the husband and the catch of the day sandwich with a side of superb potato salad for me. The pasta is always top-notch and the steak cooked just as you like it. I was highly disappointed in the yellow fin tuna, which was basically sushi and not advertised nor described by the waitress as "semi-raw" a couple of visits ago. But, all in all, you'll love this place!! Parking can be scarce, so be ready to walk a bit on weekends, but you will not regret it. We love our little get togethers at the Diamondback and I highly recommend you stop in for dinner soon...Call for directions if you are from out of town...this is NOT an easy place to find!! But, worth the search!! ENJOY!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

When we arrived my wife requested a booth table, the waiter told us that one we want has not been cleaned yet and gave us another one. After 5 min we saw other customers sitting on that same table and no one of the waiters came even close to it!!!!

One of the menu items was not priced, so I asked and the waiter answered: $24.00 when we got the check she put 26, so I told her that there is a mistake here and she said that yes she did a mistake by telling me 24 but the real price is 26 and she did not change it on the bill!!!!! This restaurant suck. The waiter told me that the tuna is sushi grade. That was not even toilet grade. Very small tuna portion and the plate was full of other useless and disscussting stuff.
My wife ordered ribs and u can't even chew the meet.
Our son is 10month old, he made some noise (playing, being happy) we heard someone from the staff shuuuuushhhing him!!!!!
I would not recommend this restaurant. It smells mold!
Dishonest staff and not worth it at all.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went to Diamondback with soem friends and as it is a bit out of the normal trail of retauarants, it took abit to find it. Were we glad we did. The atmosphere was quiet, not stiff but chic. Service knowledgeable, welcoming and prompt. The food, well that was delicious. The menu itself had sucha n eclectic flair, there was something for everyone, vegans included. I had the parisiaon Salad which was with arugula and a poached egg, sounds odd which is why I wnated it. I love trying something a bit quirky outside the box, when we go out. I was delighted with it. I would say try this place for middle of the road costs, when you don't wnat to dress up yet wnat to have an upscale casual and adventuresome menu. I wish I lived closer, although that could be dangerous!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

From the looks of the upscale area this place is nestled in, I was expecting something amazing. I was disappointed. Our food came out cold and my steak was not cooked the way I asked. We aren't that picky, so I mean, it was alright. But you can surely eat at much better places for cheaper with a less yuppy atmosphere and crowd.

1  Thank Catherine P