“A family tradition”
Review of Dewey's Bakery

Dewey's Bakery
Ranked #4 of 24 Bakeries in Winston Salem
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Since opening in 1930, Dewey's has been baking traditional favorites such as Moravian Cookies, Sugar Cake, and Lovefeast Buns. The bakery is also known for scrumptious cake squares, pastries, dessert bars, and homemade ice cream. Dewey's is also Winston-Salem's destination for cakes for birthdays, weddings and other special occasions. Every Monday is Free Cake Square Day!
North Carolina
“A family tradition”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When my children were very little, I used to bake all their birthday cakes and they were perfectly happy. One very year I broke down and bought my husband a birthday cake and it's been a family tradition since then on. I'm simply talking about their sheet cake, not the new creations they also do now with the fondant. Whenever we pick up a birthday cake order, we also have to stop and get the Moravian Sugar Cake. It's a nice little bakery (not the European kind I'm used to from living in Germany) but it's still wholesome and fresh. Of course try the Moravian Sugar Cookies. You really can't go wrong with the cake squares and cookies.

NC
“Sweets Galore”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Dewey's Bakery has been around since I was a youngster and I'm now 68 yrs. of age. I can remember my Mom taking off to Thurway shopping center almost every Saturday to visit Dewey's. Every visit she would get these four items and sometimes even more if a special occasion were coming up. She would get cream horns, brownies, devonshire coffee cake, and 2 packages of their delicious oatmeal cookies. The cookies were for me. Everything she ever brought home was fantastic. To this day if a law was passed that said I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life - it would be Dewey's oatmeal cookies and a cold glass of milk. Healthy and absolutely delicious. I've actually eaten a whole package in one sitting. Right now I wish I had a couple to munch on before going to bed. Don't get me wrong - Krispy Kreme doughnuts are a close second, but Dewey's oatmeal cookies win out!

“Used to be better”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The cakes are overpriced for what you get. Too many Tchotchke's and not enough customer service. Cake and All Things Yummy in Kernersville is better tasting and a better value. I guess that's why they started free cake square Mondays...

Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Good for some baked goods”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I like Dewey's for their Moravian cookies, cheese straws, ice cream and special occasion cakes. I'm don't like their other baked goods as much as Ollie's or Camino Bakery.

• Visited July 2013
“Don't expect to get your order!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I ordered the only thing my wife wanted for her birthday, a cake from deweys. Two hours before I was to pick up said cake I got a call, NO CAKE FOR YOU! I was told to try in two more days!! Then they still charged me FULL PRICE!! DON'T COUNT ON THESE PEOPLE! !

• Visited August 2013