“A Winston-Salem Classic”

Mr Barbecue
Ranked #57 of 691 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Back in the 80s, I lived near Mr. Barbecue and ate there regularly. However, after moving across town, I began to eat other BBQs and never seemed to go back to Mr. B. Recently, we placed a "to go" order of BBQ and slaw and brought it home to enjoy with our family. What a difference in taste it made! Mr. Barbecue has the best tasting BBQ in Winston-Salem, and their slaw has the best flavor, too. I've eaten Pig Pickins, Little Richards, Buckys, & Bibs and I have to say Mr. Barbeque is my favorite. The other restaurants menioned have their own unique flavor and style, but for me, Mr. Barbeque is the best. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been eating in Mr BBQ since it opened many years ago and it does not get the credit it deserves. BBQ is one of my favorite things and I have tried BBQ all over the country and Mr BBQ is without a doubt the best BBQ anywhere. I have read a boox which said the best BBQ is from NC and Fla. I have lived in both states and have traveled 2/3rds of America and have tried BBQ in every state I have been too and I can not find better BBQ than Mr BBQ in Winston-Salem,NC. Florida BBQ does not hold a candle to NC BBQ. Lexington,NC is known as the Capital of BBQ and there is really some good BBQ in Lexington but in my opinion noone is as good as MrBBQ in Winston-Salem. Try a sliced plate next time your in the area and I think you will agree, as well as becoming a regular customer.

1  Thank Adwyre
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Heard about this restaurant and Bib's so I had to try lunch here with a business associate and was very pleased with the pulled pork, slaw, and hushpuppies. Will try Bib's next time I'm in town to see who wins the taste test in my book. Surprised about how inexpensive the price was since most of the BBQ joints I have visited in the past have been somewhat pricey. Will definitely come back again when I'm in town.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Ive been here a few times since January, everytime the food has been good and fast. Some BBQ restaurants you order at the table and wait, here you order at the counter, and get your food fast at the counter and find yourself a seat and enjoy. Always a nice older gentleman at the counter.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had the chunk barbecue plate with a side order of fried chicken. It was delicious! We will definitely return!