“A Truly Awesome Meal!!”
Review of Milners

Milners
Reserve with OpenTable
Milners is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I joined another couple for what turned out to be a truly awesome meal for all of us!! We have diverse tastes so one of us had the salmon dish, one the crab cakes, one the mountain trout, while I (not particularly a seafood lover) had a splendid duck dish. Each of us was totally delighted with our meals. They have an impressive wine selection as well. There was only one thing that upset me with regard to the total experience. After having spent the night in Winston Salem our friends had a flat tire. Well, lo and behold, where they got it fixed was right beside Milners so they had a delightful lunch experience the next day!! My wife and I were totally envious!! We will definitely return there in the near future!!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I took my sister, who was visiting from PA, here for dinner the other night. My wife and I have eaten here several times over the last few years. The menu has not changed since this place has opened! This is a real issue. Food is rather average when faced with the current level of competition. Nothing to really complain about, but nothing to rave about either. This place needs a major do over QUICK! It has a tired menu.

1  Thank whitehorsetravellers
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Milners. It is a nice looking restaurant with excellent service. My husband enjoyed the Mahi Mahi and the Veal I had was really good. The wine list was good. We will return and definitely recommend this Southern gem

Reviewed June 27, 2014

It is a rarity when you get a NYS that is almost as tender and a filet mignon and trimmed so well that you can eat the entire steak with no extra fat or gristle . I got that one in fifty New York Strip the other night at Milners and I hope it wasn't a fluke . I decided to try collard greens with my steak since it has been years since I've eaten collards , the collards were fantastic also . One minor issue from the bar but otherwise a very nice dinner .

1  Thank Wes C
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Got there at about 6:45 p.m. on a Friday evening. Not overly crowded, we were seated right away. Waitress was personable and knew the menu and special (which I ordered). We selected Milner's because Oprah had eaten here not long ago and really enjoyed her meal. Oprah knows her food.

The special was the yellow fin tuna with ginger, hot chili sauce, a mélange of shredded cabbage, shrimp and a few other things that I've now forgotten. The presentation was excellent and the portions were good. Also had the she crab soup which was also just incredible. Finished my meal with the bourbon pecan pie with caramel ice cream with sea salt (warmed and very flavorful).

My sister had the small plate of sea scallops and was equally impressed. The wine list is robust but we opted for sweet tea which was perfect as well.

Dress: Jeans are acceptable but why not dress up a little bit?

2  Thank Chaz343