“Great food ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Athena Greek Taverna
Ranked #22 of 656 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Offering age-old tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, the restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won't soon be forgotten.
“Great food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

If you want a good home cooked meal, go here. You will not go away broke or hungry. Food served hot and fresh. They let you relax and take your time.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Perfect for fun dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit, and I went with friends, one of whom is a regular. Tuesday is the night to go because of the live music. All of the food was great. The flaming cheese is a must! Opa!

“Best restaurant in winston salem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent. I go here at least twice a week. I love Bouzouki night. The live music is excellent. The service here is great. The atmosphere is amazing I feel like I am in Greece. The good was outstanding my gyro pita was the best. They have a lot of food to choose from. This is without a fought the best food in Winston-Salem.

• Visited September 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“I did something I've never done before..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I wrote them a thank you note. Yes I actually did. I've never written to a restaurant before but I just felt compelled to this time. I had my birthday dinner there last Saturday and there were eight of us. We were seated at a table in the back and we had one of those long, leisurely meals full of good food, good wine, and good friends. We stayed for three hours! Not due to slow service but because we just didn't want to leave! The service was fantastic! Humberto was friendly, helpful, professional, and gave us just the right amount of service. We were never felt rushed or in anyway bothersome. He offered to let us sample a couple of wines to help us pick which was lovely of him. The food was divine. We all ordered something different and there was a LOT of sharing. Everything was wonderful. Even the basic green beans which came as a side vegetable were full of amazing spices and flavors. I love the lemon potatoes, the tsatsiki, hummus, oh just everything! The Greek coffee was thick and warming! I just wish we'd had room for desert. I will be back and I recommend Athena's to everyone!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank LadyZady
asheville, nc
“If you like Greek food, this is the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

First I have to say how much I appreciated the service. Our waiter was charmingly Greek. We had a great conversation about Greece and the best places to travel. The food was good. The portions were huge. I could have made my meal out of the spanakopita -- it was huge and had a lovely flavor, something more than spinach and cheese, great flaky filo, too. The vegetarian moussaka was also tasty. I might have made the tomato sauce a bit lighter, but it had a thick bechmel sauce and lots of vegetables. It came with a salad with an excellent dressing and rice that was yummy. My partner had hummus that was full of garlic and lemon and pita bread that was fresh from the oven. We took a great deal home with us. And I don't know why anyone would object to the atmosphere. It has lovely photos of Greece on the walls and the bathroom was immaculate. The location is not lovely, but you don't need to look out the windows.

• Visited August 2013