“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #98 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had heard it was a good place to go, so we opted the chance and went on Saturday evening with another couple. The onion rings were perfect/fried zucchini excellent. Nice start to dinner. We tasted and shared the shrimp primavera/chicken marsalis/rotisserie chicken and
it was all delicious. I would return to this establishment and if you go I don't think you will be dissapointed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tarheel101

Winston-Salem
“Rotisserie Chicken is very tasty”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Took the family to eat here for the first time. I had heard about the chicken from a friend so I decided to give it a try. The menu is extensive so I ordered several items for the table. Of course the kids had to get chicken tenders and fries which were standard breaded and fried breast meat and excellent for them. Also got an order of cheese ravioli at the request of my 8 year old son. 6 large pieces with a basic marinara sauce. Nothing too special for the $10 price tag but the kids liked it. The rotisserie chicken plate however was most excellent. The flavor and texture is perfect from the slow cook process. It was served with bread, a basic garden salad, and choice of two vegetables. The steamed broccoli was okay, but the grilled asparagus was delicious. Again, the rotisserie chicken was amazing so I totally recommend it - and perhaps any dish that includes the rotisserie chicken (pizza, pasta) on it over some of the standard Italian selections.

• Visited April 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The Best Food (and People) in Town”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We LOVE this place! The food is excellent and the people are so friendly. They remember everyone and even remember our usual orders. Without a doubt my favorite restaurant in Winston-Salem.

And I cannot recommend the meatball parmigiana sub enough. Or the pizza. Or the rotisserie chicken. Or the ranch dressing on the salads. You get what I mean. The food and service have been excellent every single time we have visited.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth R
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Amazing Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We love BLL! Everything we have ever had there has been great, but the Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken is amazing. We typically do takeout, but have also eaten there and our only complaint is that they are not open on Sundays.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JRF-WS
Winston-Salem, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfort food at its best!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We love the rotisserie chicken every way they offer it! On a salad, on a sub, in a calzone, on a pizza, by the quarter, half or whole, with mashed potatoes, veggies & a glass of wine... Just call me Bubba!

The specials are always a treat and the Italian dishes are delicious as well. Ramona and Willy always take good care of us.

We have a friend who makes this his only dining spot when he visits from New Zealand!

• Visited August 2012