“Great find”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I found ourselves downtown on a Sunday with time to kill, so decided to try Finnigan's. We were there in time for the brunch menu and was extremely pleased. I ordered Scotch egg Benedict and my husband ordered a Reuben. Both dishes were wonderful, as was the menu. There's a dozen more dishes that I cant wait to try. The restaurant itself was nice inside and very clean. It's a nice place for just the two of us, a group of friends or even to bring in my kids for a bite. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This has been my favorite bar for a long time now. Great live music, delicious food, good drink specials, cute and quick staff. Can't ask for much more. Expect the bar to be packed on friday and saturday nights but service is always quick. Eat at the bar and enjoy conversation with the bartenders or enjoy a table with your friends and co-workers on the new half. Can't go wrong!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A great selection of beers on tap and in the bottle and an excellent selection of Irish favorites.
Order the Scotch Eggs. They are probably not heart healthy but they are great. As expected the Boxty and Reuben are also excellent.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My fiancé and I joined a group of friends here before a show at Ziggy’s. It was picked out by someone in our party who is a local and what a great choice.

Our group tried the Ruben sandwiches, Granny Smith Chicken Sandwich, Creamy Celtic tomato soup, the Herbed Marinated wild salmon, Bangers & Mash, and the fried cod sandwich. I go for the small portion of fish and chips while Nick gets the Blarney Burger. My fish and chips are fantastic. The fish is fresh tasting and light instead of greasy. Nick’s burger is thick and juicy and amazing. Every had nothing but great things to say about their food. The tomato soup looked incredible and nice and thick not runny. Their potato chips are hand made and I tried them and delish.

They have an extensive bar. When everyone was doing shots they brought out a whisky book! I didn’t know there were that many whiskies out there. The atmosphere here is warm and inviting. Our group was quickly seated. Our waitress was great and service never lacked. They do have vegetarian options. Parking is on the street. The restaurant is located in the downtown area and it is within walking distance of Ziggy’s.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The decor and service is good and there is a lively crowd here. I have had good food and average food. I think for a pub, the food overall is good and the prices are fairly reasonable.

1  Thank mommamiya