“Waitress with attitude and a side of SLOW”
Review of Sixth & Vine

Sixth & Vine
Ranked #43 of 697 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

My son had recently eaten here and suggested we try it out. Got seated right away. Odd table stuck in a little corner in the back . We probably waited 10 minutes for water and a greeting. Waitress had a very snippy attitude from the start. The wait was terribly long. And when she finally delivered the food complimented herself for finding it! I could not find a manager . I paid the check at the bar while she hovered me. I gave a tip purely out of sympathy -if she had kids. Will never go back .

KathleenNC, Owner at Sixth & Vine, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

I’m so sorry for your experience. This weekend (although rain was forecast) we had summertime weather, thus our extensive outdoor patio was packed. We were terribly understaffed & I had many overwhelmed servers who came to me the next day admitting they were unable to give good service at the height of the chaos. I assure you that we strive for much better. I hope you’ll give us another chance and maybe check out our outdoor space. We will work hard so this doesn’t happen again. It is partially my fault for not having staffed well enough due to the forecast of rain. Again I truly hate this was your first experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We were meeting our granddaughter and her boyfriend for dinner and knew this is one of her favorite places. They have quite an extensive gluten free menu which was very important to us. We started with the crab and artichoke which was served with gluten free chips and crackers. Some of the entrees we had were the pecan crusted chicken, bacon wrapped pork and a fish (forget what kind) special of the day. Everything was very good, although the pork was a little dry. Can't say enough about Brandy, our server. She went out of her way to choose a table in a quiet, cozy area and answered all of our questions about the menu. She was very attentive and stopped by our table several times to be sure everything was OK.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

We visited 6th and Vine after many years of passing by and wondering how it was. Great downtown charm with a good wait staff. Dark and cozy inside, with wonderful outdoor seating when the weather permits. Many good wines and craft beers to choose from. Adequate small plates are what we chose from and they were pretty good. Will try again so we can get a better sample of what they have to offer.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I had the bacon and shallot mussels with Sherry cream sauce and they were delicious! Crostini to soak up the sauce is optional for gluten free folks but was a must for me! Was surprised that there was not more variety on the wine list but they have a well stocked bar with good beer options too.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

If you are looking for a little more of a classier atmosphere for lunch or dinner, this is the place. They have one of the best outdoor patios in Winston. The food is always delicious and the alcohol selection is great.

Been to Sixth & Vine? Share your experiences!