“Dinner with the Girls”

Ranked #50 of 667 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went here recently for the first time. It is a quaint little place tucked away on a downtown side street. I had never even noticed it there before but I don’t get downtown that often.

A group from my office met here for drinks and dinner after work. It happened to be “Sangria Tuesday” so I tried both the white and red sangria, both of which were very good. I selected the Baked Goat Cheese Salad for dinner (pan-seared panko-crusted goat cheese medallions served atop arugula with dried cherries). I believe it had dried cranberries, and not cherries, but that 's OK, it was still good.

My only complaint is the parking, which stinks. I was unable to find on-street parking and had to park in a city lot across the street and pay. I guess it is just me but something about having to pay to park in Winston Salem just rubs me entirely the wrong way! Service was very good and the server was very accommodating about dividing the bill among all of us.

There are newer reviews for Sixth & Vine

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I selected this place to meet my daughter and her boyfriend for a nice casual dinner. We were very pleased with our experience.

The restaurant is located in the up and coming arts district. The setting is an older building that has been remodeled with a funky chic way to it. We chose to sit inside due to the unusual heat of the day. Although the restaurant was fairly busy, our esthetics allowed for great conversation with privacy.

We started our meal with a crisp sauvignon blanc - a nice wine at a decent price. We selected the daily special appetizer of scallops. These were delicious - lightly braised in a butter with a little bit of crispiness to the outside. The only problem was the portion size - only 3 and 2 were rather small.

We were not at all disappointed with our entrees. I had the beef and brie panini. it was out of this world. The beef and brie cheese were a perfect combination with a wonderful raspberry sauce. And it was large enough that I ate only half and shared the other half with my dining partners. (we always all order something different and then share at the table...that way we get to experience even more wonderful tastes!!)

We also had the pork chops with a peach based glaze - again a wonderful dish and well proportioned. My daughter ordered the crab cakes. And although they were not bad at all, they were overshadowed by the wonderful panini and pork chops.

For dessert we had the tiramisu. It had a cheesecake consistency with a nice flavor.

Our server was attentive and very helpful with questions on the menu.

Overall a great experience!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great Food and Service! Great place to hang out with your friends. Different from your cookie cutter restaurants. Reasonable prices.

1  Thank Lrcarter
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were driving on Interstate 40 and ready for lunch, exit ahead advertised the usual chains but I looked up this great place and after convincing my spouse to drive 8 more minutes we had the BEST lunch ever!! The food was filling, fresh and very tasty. The fried green tomatoes with sauce were so good I think the best I've ever ad. The tuna wrap had a real piece of tuna cooked to my specifications and the pear salad with feta and greens could not have been any better.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Sat outside, which is a large area but, though very empty, were seated by the door so it was not so relaxing. Service was very, very slow. Nacho appetizer was lukewarm and soggy -- had obviously been sitting for some time. Tuna wraps were just okay. Good beer and wine lists but, again, slow service. Could be very nice with better attention to service and detail. In fact, has been much better quality and service in the past. At present, the attitude seems indifferent to both.