“Authentic South American”

Cuisines: Mexican
nc
“Authentic South American”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My spanish teacher from Chile brought us here. He said is was the most authentic South American food he had found in the area. It is typical festival-type decor, good food, great service and a good place for families and groups too.

Visited June 2012

Lewisville
“My favorite Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Homemade chips and tortillas, fresh salsa and guacamole, fish tacos, an extensive authentic menu...need I say more??? This place has been my fav Mexican restaurant for over 12 years.

Visited October 2012
Winston-Salem,NC
“Feels like Mommas kitchen - warm and wonderful”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Homey feel to this small, family run Mexican eatery. Nothing to look at - cheesey decor - Momma herself is often found making sure everyone is happy. Food is wonderful: fresh, authentic and delicious. Service is terrific.
Outshines every other Mexican eatery in Winston per authenticity and quality of food - homemade chips and guacamole - fresh-fresh-fresh!! Try the Huge Shrimp Cocktail - it is like a vegetable and shrimp based cold soup - oh my GOSH!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Best fish tacos around”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

In high school I ate here when it was Pizza Hut, now it's our favorite Mexican restaurant. From the homemade chips to the excellent salsa, it's a little different than the standard fare, but the best item on the menu are the grilled fish tacos. Just try them, you won't be disappointed.

If I'm not in the mood for the fish tacos, I like the Estadio Azteca, which is carne asada steak, grilled chicken breast and a cheese enchilada with pico de gallo, rice and beans. The flavor of the steak is very good.

We enjoy their margaritas as well, though the pitchers are a little pricey compared to other restaurants.

• Visited February 2012
Winston Salem, NC USA
“Good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. It's in an old Pizza Hut building, and the decor is what you would find in any Mexican restaurant in town, but the food was actually very good. I had the huevos rancheros and my wife had a stuffed pepper and both were excellent. Rancheros is always a good test because so few places get the eggs just right, but Estrella did. It was just after the normal lunch hour (around 2 pm) so they weren't crowded. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. She was even nice enough to turn the sound off the tv without our asking. (Why do so many Mexican restaurants have BOTH the tv on and music playing? It's a mystery to me. Anyway, we'll go back to La Estrella. Not high end by any stretch of the imagination, but good find at good prices.

• Visited April 2012