“Consistently wonderful food”

Ranked #1 of 673 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have eaten at Sweet Potatoes several times over the past few years. It is consistently a memorable meal. Some people refer to the food as "Southern with Soul!" I would call it Southern with Style and Soul!" The Camel City Oyster Salad is one of my favorites. Catfish NOLA is another favorite dish of mine(and my wife's). Spaghetti with a Drawl is absolutely amazing. Save room for dessert--the Sweet Potato Pie, of course. The owners truly take their food and it's presentation seriously. The wait staff is superb, always ready to meet any needs of their diners. If I could afford to go to eat out at one place every week, Sweet Potatoes would be the one!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I dined at Sweet Potatoes for dinner and the entire menu was worth trying. Everything looked so delicious. I just told my husband to order any two entrees because I simply could not decide. We settled on the center-cut pork chops with sweet potato corn bread, pan-seared fish and shrimp on a bed of risotto, spicy homemade collard greens and the horseradish smashed potatoes...we rounded off the experience with a serving of the strawberry/peach cobbler and a slice of the Sweet Potato Pecan Pie(nice sized slice).

The food came out in a reasonable time and was temperature hot! We would definitely be back and recommend that others give Sweet Potatoes a chance, if you are in the Winston-Salem area! The space is not to large and looks like it can feel up quickly....

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Small restaurant that serves a variety of southern style cuisine. The two owners work hard to offer a very nice selection of entrees, appetizers and cocktails. The food is consistently outstanding and service is prompt once you snag a table. Don't forget to try the Sunday brunch.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son selected this place because we love southern fare and it was recommended by locals and on Urban Spoon. Loved everything about the place! It was like eating in a little southern house from an earlier era. The menu had items on it that we both wanted. I loved the catfish and he especially liked the sweet potatoes and macaroni and cheese. The gentleman who served us was extremely friendly with southern hospitality and charm and good at making recommendations. Of course we had to have the sweet potato pie for dessert. If you like Southern food, try it. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere. Was told about this place randomly while waiting in line at the pharmacy. Was in for business and so glad we stumbled upon a wonderful little gem!!