“Father's Day Brunch”
Review of River Birch Lodge

River Birch Lodge
Ranked #25 of 701 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Mountain Casual Dining in the heart of Winston-Salem! Serving lunch, dinner, weekend brunch. A family friendly neighborhood bar, catering and delivery too! PRIVATE DINING is available in The Canoe Room for parties up to 30.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We gathered for father's day brunch at River Birch Lodge. Food was fine for the most part, chicken with my chicken and waffles was a little bland. Our server was great...attentive to our needs, even anticipating requests at times. We had a larger party, so we were able to sit in the private dining area towards the back. Will return again, but think I'll have lunch or dinner next time.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Not blown away, service was suspect, food was slow but good. Drink selections were nice, overall we would return!

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We went for brunch on a Sunday. Decided not to wait in main dining room for a table, so we grabbed a table in the bar area. We waited too long for anyone to bring us a menu. The service was not impressive, except for the manager who was very attentive to pick up slack for our waitress. I ordered the salmon and breakfast potatoes with poached eggs. Nothing special, boring presentation, again mediocre. Won’t be back anytime soon

Reviewed June 10, 2018

I had imagined rustic lodge ambiance … warmth, coziness and high energy. Not so. There was a perceptible imbalance in the atmosphere … just no real enthusiasm. There was a group of us, separated as two table and two staff assigned yet dishes were served randomly across tables and at different times. I ordered the Bison Burger … it was just OK. While the dryness was understandable, the kitchen has to take responsibility for the lack of flavor. What should have been special … was not. I won't return.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

River Birch has so much potential that I would have liked to give it an excellent rating. First, I will discuss the positives. The restaurant is very attractive both inside and out. It has a warm and welcoming feeling but there were significant problems during my first dining experience this afternoon. The first problem occurred upon my arrival when there was no one at the front desk and I had to wait several minutes for that person to report to her station and to seat me. Then, despite the fact that it was well after the prime lunch time (2:40 pm) and everyone was already served and chatting it took several minutes for my server to enter the dining room to take my order. The server was not attentive and did not offer to refill my water glass. The most annoying fact was the music which was shockingly inappropriate for what should have been a fine dining experience. Motown was the musical choice which would be an appropriate choice for a fast food place. My meal was excellent and the ambience of this restaurant is great but everything else was problematic. It is sad that the management is not attending to these other important details. It is very unlikely that I will return to this establishment.