“One of my favorite lunch spots” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Greensboro NC
“One of my favorite lunch spots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Simply Yummy is a quaint, charming little place that offers great salads and sandwiches, wonderful desserts (cupcakes, brownies, cookies - nothing crazy) and great outdoor seating. It's in Reynolda Village, which offers some decent shopping choices, plus they used to have a farmer's market on Fridays during the summer - not sure if they will again. The food at Simply Yummy is good and you can actually eat somewhat healthy, which is nice for eating out. Breakfast choices are limited, but they have a great coffee/tee/cappuccino menu. Only caveat - this is definitely skewed towards women - little tables, little chairs with cute detail, colorful decor, etc.

• Visited April 2012

Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
“Okay lunch - nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had lunch. Funky grilled cheese sandwich. I didn't like the brown sugar which was added to the cheese.

Visited April 2012
Toronto, Canada
“One of a kind cozy cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I found this wonderful little cafe absolutely priceless. The food was wonderful and the staff was fun, attentive, and casually playful with classic manners you can only find in the South. The smells of coffee and sugary sweet yummies make you happy as soon as you walk through the door. It is nice to still have a lovely little spot that has no fake feeling of the big corporate coffee cafe's. If you want robots this is not the place for you....this place, this staff, and this menu is one of a wonderful kind!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank canada880
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Do not waste your time!! Seriously!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I am a Wake Forest graduate student, who has given Simply Yummy my loyal patronage well over thirty times, I would imagine, spanning the last two years and I have about had it with the joint. Recently, I visited Simply Yummy and ordered an Americana (usually I get lunch, but I was in route to class), simple enough, right? Well, a service associate took my order at the counter and I paid him accordingly ($20 cash and received my change in kind). While he was making my coffee, two of my colleagues showed up and we enjoyed a little bit of conversation. Needless to say, after I had paid for my coffee, chatted with my colleagues and doctored the Americana up at the coffee station, and just as I was about to walk out the door, I was abruptly stopped in my tracks. An older woman with a supervisory feel, from behind the counter literally (and publicly) snapped at me, "did you pay for that?" I had assured that I had paid for it in full... a whopping $3-ish(?) (with a $2-tip to my regret!!). Although, I was a little unnerved at being accosted while while leaving, I was willing to let it slide, because after all, this sort of thing happens. (I have worked in restaurants before!!). My utter dissatisfaction took shape though, as I was walking away toward Wake, some 200-300 feet out from Simply Yummy's premises, when I heard a voice from behind. Mind you, I was still talking to my colleagues as they were leaving too. It was my initial waiter, asking me the very same thing... "Did you pay?" (I felt like I was being publicly shamed twice-over in front of my colleagues) I reminded him about the $20 dollar bill, he remembered, and that was that, at least I am assuming. Having been a loyal patron, and having experienced this seeming "distrust" and "public shame" was enough to tick me off and make me write this review. Note: that this event was also a tipping point of sorts, in that, the service for the last several months (i.e. September through October) has been sub-par at best. I often have to wait far too long, for food that is somewhat blasé, in an anxious and now hostile environment... Seriously, shaming someone for a few bucks. Shame on you!! I say, No more!! Avoid this place!! Unless they seriously change the supervision there, and their customer service, this place will keep tanking (i.e. read the other reviews)!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank neoVagabond
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Service was terrible - after waiting over an hour, we still had not received our food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We entered this cafe with high hopes -- the atmosphere appeared pleasant and the menu looked good. It was busy, but nothing aside from very poor management can explain the disarray we observed in their failure to get food and checks out to customers. Our order (soup and salad!) was taken promptly, but our food NEVER showed up. After 40 minutes I asked about our order and was told "we're very busy." I inquired twice more, and was finally told "your order just came up, it will be out in a couple of minutes." Fifteen minutes later we left, hungry and very angry about having wasted an hour of what should have been a really pleasant day at Reynolda with my spouse. The server? -- Could not have cared less. He, like the other food servers, seemed to wander around aimlessly. We watched one server going around with a stack of checks in hand, searching for tables to leave them at--most of them tables where diners had not yet received their food. If I was the owner of this restaurant I would be looking very carefully at my service protocols and at my employees! Stay away from this place unless you have a LOT of time to kill.

• Visited November 2011