“Good, could be great”

4th Street Filling Station
Reserve with OpenTable
4th Street Filling Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 665 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summit St.
Description: Drop into The Old Fourth Street Filling Station for good times and great food. The restaurant is a neighborhood favorite, and offers a casual, friendly dining atmosphere that you and your friends are sure to enjoy. The Old Fourth Street Filling Station also offers a friendly, professional staff of great people, who will make sure your visit is memorable and that it lives up to its reputation for pleasant dining and superb cuisine. The menu offers an inspired array of selections that is sure to satisfy everyone in your group, every time. Be sure to ask your server about new selections, daily specials, and chef's creations. Whether you're in the mood for casual dining or a special occasion, The Old Fourth Street Filling Station is sure to please.
North Carolina
“Good, could be great”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went with a group of 6, service and surroundings were excellent, food good to very good depending what you order. Go in warm weather, their outdoor seating is the nicest in town. Of the appetizers ordered among the group, the Carolina Crab Dip was the best. I did not order it but their signature dish, Shrimp & Grits was a huge hit my friend. The Seafood pasta was good but the pasta could have been drained a more, a bit watery, two at the table had grilled salmon, both said it was good but not the best they had tasted, We were there on a Thursday Evening, half price wine by the glass or bottle and a good selection, it brought in the crowds, very busy for a Thursday night, In short the service, surroundings and the outdoor patio give it my very good rating and the food is good and close to very good.

• Visited January 2014

Warrenton, North Carolina
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We are in Winston for a conference and wanted to get away from the conference food. Saw this restaurant on tripadvisors and made a reservation on line. Very cool. Got there in 30 minutes. They had our table, we ordered their Calamarie which was delicious, the Filet Nepolian, and the Tai appetizer. Calamarie was delicious, steak was delicious, tai appetizer a little dry...over all... enjoyed the great fireplace, service was perfect...a good stop for an out of Towner.

Visited January 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Mediocre - Don't Waste Your Time, Go Somewhere Else (Hutch and Harris is right up the street!)”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We decided is try out The Old Fourth Street Filling Station for lunch. The menu sounded promising but fell short. My husband ordered the meatloaf sandwich and soup, I ordered the Cuban Sandwich and sweet potato fries. On the meatloaf sandwich all you could taste was onion and occasionally BBQ sauce. The soup was good enough (chicken and corn chowder), nothing special but not bad either. My sandwich was good...although not what was listed on the menu. It was missing pieces of the description / wrong item (one of the errors was that the Menu stated "Fried Pickles." This was actually what made my decision for me. There were a couple of sandwiches I was pondering. I LOVE Fried Pickles and thought the description sounded great. The sandwich came with a large pickle spear slapped on the sandwich. Not what I was looking for). The sweet potato fries came with a side of margarine with cinnamon sprinkled on top (never seen that before!). They were tasty until I ate one that had an obvious bad spot on it (I was yacking and not looking at each individual fry I picked up). Meal was over for me. I did order one of their seasonal mixed drinks....a martini (cannot remember the name). It was STRONG (this is not a complaint). We were just not that impressed. I do not foresee coming back. Hutch and Harris is right up the street and if I were you I would RUN, not walk there!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank amberlwalton
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Food is Mediocre - Drinks are Strong”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

• Visited November 2013
Leland, North Carolina
“Great menu”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate brunch here...great menu for brunch/lunch and kid's menu! Did not see the inside of this restaurant but nice to sit outside on the patio in front of restaurant with shade trees. There was also an outside seating area with plastic drop curtains where many were sitting as it was a little chilly. I ordered Eggs Benedict. The flavor of the Hollandaise was great and the muffin was toasted perfectly but my big gripe often with this dish is eggs over cooked as was the case this time. This to me completely ruins thus dish. I did tell the server and he agreed when he saw the eggs. The others in my party loved their food including creole eggs and the pancakes. I would eat here again but would not order the Eggs Benedict!!

• Visited October 2013