“Very good dinner and staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 4th Street Filling Station

4th Street Filling Station
Reserve with OpenTable
4th Street Filling Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 656 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summit St.
Description: Drop into The Old Fourth Street Filling Station for good times and great food. The restaurant is a neighborhood favorite, and offers a casual, friendly dining atmosphere that you and your friends are sure to enjoy. The Old Fourth Street Filling Station also offers a friendly, professional staff of great people, who will make sure your visit is memorable and that it lives up to its reputation for pleasant dining and superb cuisine. The menu offers an inspired array of selections that is sure to satisfy everyone in your group, every time. Be sure to ask your server about new selections, daily specials, and chef's creations. Whether you're in the mood for casual dining or a special occasion, The Old Fourth Street Filling Station is sure to please.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very good dinner and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the area over labor day weekend. Having never been in WInston Salem before, I checked trip advisor for a dinner location. 4th Street Filling Station came up as being near by and good rating. I had their signature Shrimp & Grits that was in the most delicious cream chiplote sauce I have ever had, My wife had the grouper special that night. Since we live in Florida near the coast, I am always leary of ordering fish from "inland" restaurants, but her Grouper was very good and fresh. Large and tasty deserts too. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Convenient Location but Average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have eaten here several times over several years. The service is always good, but the food has gone seriously downhill. My most recent visit was on Labor Day for lunch and we sat inside, which was a mistake. The restaurant smelled, not sure what it was, but lost I my appetite immediately. The service was excellent, but the servers can only do so much. The inside of the restaurant was dark and dingy. My arms stuck to the table and the menus had stains on them. There were five of us and we all ordered something different. I guess the club sandwich was the winner of the table. My veggie burger was mushy with no flavor and soggy lettuce. Portion size was good, but the food reminded me of a chain restaurant. I have lived in Winston-Salem most of my life and know this is not the quality of restaurant that should take up this prime, and convenient location.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Great outdoor atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a group of friends a few weeks ago for dinner before the Winston Salem Open. The weather was wonderful and we were seated outside on the patio. The service was attentive and fast. The selection was food was excellent. I had a Mahi-Mahi pasta entree which was perfection, and all of my friends enjoyed their food and cocktails. I would definitely eat here again if I visit Winston Salem.

Daytona Beach
“Fast Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a Saturday and were pleased to be seated immediately. Our server was attentive and enthusiastic. As soon as we were seated he took our beverage order and offered up the special of the day: a deluxe cheeseburger with grilled shrimp on top - my husband opted for the special and thought it was very tasty. I chose the Peppered Turkey with Havarti sandwich and it was excellent - the ciabatta roll was really soft and the ingredients in the sandwich were flavorful. It was definitely the best meal we had during our visit to Winston-Salem!

NC
“Still excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went to dinner last night with friends and Mahi was excellent! The only reason I did not give 5 stars was the unsure wait time before being seated. I understood since we didn't have reservations we would be seated after others who did, however, the wait staff were clueless as to how long our wait would be. We opted to sit at the bar when space opened. That turned out just fine because the bartender was a great, fun waitress and awesome bartender. Looking forward to our next visit!