“Consistently Excellent”

Downtown Thai Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 751 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Come and join us for great Thai food and Sushi and all your favorite cocktails, cold beer, and fine wine from our full service bar. Our sushi is Artisan-crafted to order from the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Thai Harmony is one of our "go to" restaurants in downtown Winston. The proprietor and her family are wonderful people and try very hard to make their guests feel welcome and appreciated. Combine that attitude with fresh and delicious food, friendly and attentive service and the ability to accommodate our occasional large group of friends on short notice and you have a winner every time.

Food ranges from traditional dishes like Pad Thai and Pho to some "modern Thai" choices such as Bison Thai Basil and Duck Tamarind. There is a wide selection of sushi as well and I have always found it to be fresh and artfully prepared.

Beer and wine prices are reasonable, and I am told the sake selection is pretty good. If you are a fan of Thai food and sushi, give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 9, 2018

Tried out there Chicken Pho, as I had never had it before, I was very impressed at the fresh ingredients that came with my takeout. I eat 2 meals on it. the second visit I had there spicy chicken and rice, again I was so impressed with the fresh vegetables cooked to perfection!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Tried the Pad Thai with Chicken and Tofu. Pretty good and decent sized portions for lunch. Service was brisk and food came out freshly prepared. Good location in downtown area too. Would return if in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018

We ate at Downtown Thai once this week and also ordered carryout from them (using Door Dash).

Food was consistently very good:

Thai Curries 9/10
The green curry was very flavorful

Chicken Satay 6/10
Good but would have been better grilled. Peanut sauce a little thin

Pad Thai 10/10
My Dad and Sister both loved the Pad Thai (and they are Pad Thai snobs. Loved it so much they had it for lunch and then ordered it again and had it delivered for dinner)

Shrimp spring rolls 9/10
Super fresh.

Rice 9/10
Loved their jasmine rice. Fresh. Wasn't sitting in a pot all day.

Service 8/10
Friendly. Very good service

Price 6/10
A little on the high side, but I'm happy to pay a little more for food of this quality.

Definitely reccomend

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

It feels like my family visits here weekly, but it's likely twice a month over the course of the year. We live near downtown and can walk when the weather is nice. We get the craving for Pho and we have to go.

Disclaimer: this is my one and only experience with Pho. It's tasty and the restaurant atmosphere is one we like to be in so...we keep coming back.

Pho is served is a bowl that I would use as a medium/large mixing bowl at home. Broth, cilantro, green onions, rice noodles and the protein of your choice. You add your choice of fresh basil, jalapeños, bean sprouts, and limes, which is served separately. Also, a foursome of seasoning, including red chili, chili powder, pickled jalapeños, and ??? Also, Sriracha and Hoisin.

At lunch, small complementary fried rolls are served to each guest. They are typical but the dipping sauce makes them a treat.

My family has had the veggie, Seafood, Chicken, Beef, and mixed Beef versions of Pho. I prefer the straight up beef version which has thinly sliced beef that I think is actually cooked in the heat of the Pho/broth just prior to service. The chicken is good, and I loved the flavor, but I ultimately switched to the beef as my regular because the beef was more tender and I felt like the chicken was a bit dry.

The atmosphere here is cozy and comfortable. Even when the place is packed, it doesn't feel overly loud. Service is always excellent and attentive. I see the same people working here and they recognize us. I observe them and they are service oriented. They pay attention and are present, easy enough to flag if they are busy and you need something.

Sometimes we get the noodle dishes. I think the Pho is a better value, but the noodle dishes are yummy and decent portions for the price. We've ordered curry dishes, and while they were good, we ultimately thought that the portion wasn't worth the price.

At our most recent visit, there were signs saying that sushi was coming to the menu!

Date of visit: March 2018