“Been here many times”

Atelier Bakery on Trade
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I started visiting the bakery with my husband two years ago. I have made early morning visits to get pastries on the way to work several times and my coworkers rave about the little bites of heaven I bring them. Recently, I had a daughter graduate from high school. I contacted Atelier to see if they could prepare pastries for a graduation brunch. Again, was not disappointed. The pastries were delicious and coordinating the order was a smooth process. I hope Atelier never ever leaves our community.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Looked forward to good coffee and pastries. Coffee was really weak and lukewarm. No pastries at all. Disappointed. Over rated. Cute location.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

This is the kind of bakery you would expect to find in Paris. Pablo's brilliant creations exceed all expectations. The great coffee is the icing on the cake. They are mostly open for early morning customers, but will also make special items to go.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I come to Winston-Salem every year to attend a conference. Having an Atelier pastry and coffee in the mornings is one of things I look forward to. Unfortunately this year has been an incredible disappointment. Atelier is scheduled to open at 8:00 am. I expect opening means ready for business. While the coffee was available both mornings, the pastries were not. The first morning there were a couple of choices but the full assortment was not available until 8:45 am. This morning there were no pastries ready when I left at 8:50 am. While things can come up, not being prepared to open on two consecutive days does not bode well for Atelier. Though I am only here a short time, I imagine that locals will become disenchanted with Atelier if this situation continues. There is another coffee/bakery shop not that far away which opens earlier and is fully prepared when they do. Atelier may be helping increase that establishment's clientele.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

Sweet, savory, all so flaky and delicious. Highly recommended for their tasty treats which are great for sharing. Better eat-in utensils/ware would be a nice touch, and I haven't had their coffee. Also get my share at the Old Salem farmer's market when that is in season too!