“Comfortable Atmosphere with Delicious Food”
Review of Zoes Kitchen

Zoes Kitchen
Ranked #229 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 16, 2014

First, though this has nothing to do with the food, I love the color scheme of Zoe's Kitchen. Dynamic and bold jewel tones greet you from the outside, in.

At Zoe's, you order at the counter and bring your number to the table. The menu is fairly large with salads, wraps, pitas. Fresh foods prepared quickly. I ordered the spinach wrap with chicken and chose the Greek salad as my side. The entree came with a side, but the Greek salad was $1.50 more. Don't think it was worth the extra cost, but anything with Feta cheese is delicious and the dressing was the proverbial icing on the cake.

The food is brought to your table. My wraps were very good. They came with a small cup of salsa for dipping, and my Greek salad was divine. My friend ordered the quinoa salad, and our meals were delivered to the table separately. Another friend ordered a kabob. The portions were just right and there was no guilt in finishing the plate.

Though there were very few families and virtually no small children, the atmosphere at Zoe's seemed very family friendly and fairly affordable. Though more expensive than fast food, the food did come fast.

Zoe's is a good meeting place for friends or a date. Because there is no wait staff, we felt perfectly fine to sit and gab longer than we would have if we had a server who needed to turn the table. There is also a large patio for outside seating.

This was my first visit to Zoe's Kitchen. This location has been open less than a month but I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and it will become a quick fave. I expect that as word spreads about Zoe's (which is, in fact, a chain) it will become a very popular place in Winston-Salem.

2  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Food is healthy and very good. Great new facility with an outstanding fenced-in patio. Enjoyed the Greek salad with hummus. There were four adults and two kids eating and everyone loved the food. Too bad there are not more of them around. Reminds me of Panera or MacAlisters. Look forward to eating there again next time I am in a town where they have a place. Not cheap but the food quality is excellent. Real silverware and great drink station.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good addition to the Winston-Salem restaurant (albeit pseudo fast food) scene. Good healthy choices. Workers/management still struggling a little with turnaround time. Parking can be a challenge. Overall, very good food

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Recently went to the new Zoe's Kitchen located on Stratford Rd., 27103. If I didn't know the name I would have never equated this restaurant with the old Family restaurant Zoe's. The new Zoe's is a fast food sandwich place on the order of Paneras. It was crowded and noisy, what you would expect of a fast food restaurant at lunch time. Menu was relatively limited, mostly chicken sandwiches/salads. Even had a Rubin sandwich made with chicken, not to my taste. I had a half chicken salad sandwich and cup tomato soup. The tomato soup was thick and tasty. Total cost around $8.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We ate at Zoe's the other night with friends. However, we couldn't enjoy our meal or enjoy visiting with our friends after we finished eating because the temperature was too cold. We mentioned it to the waitress and she said she told the manager but the air never cut off the entire time. We had to hurry and eat and we walked to Brynes yogurt and sat outside.
The food was food but not a generous portion.