“Delightful Food & Atmosphere ”

Village Tavern Reynolda
Ranked #8 of 710 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

I was in town for business and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Village Tavern. The food is spectacular and served in a classy, spacious atmosphere. I had a wonderful salad and the Mountain Trout. My colleague loved the Meatloaf. The wine list is amazing. Service was impeccable. Can’t wait to come back and check out the rest of the menu.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

6 of us there to celebrate a girlfriends birthday! We sat outside in the tent and it was great!! The heaters kept us warm and we enjoyed spinach artichoke dip and house made chips with ranch & drinks before dinner. Everyone loved their meals! The Thai chicken skewers are fabulous and so was the salmon sandwich with fries!
Of course we will be back
Service was above average! Very attentive

Reviewed December 2, 2017

This is one of my favorite places to go. The service (especially Josh) is always attentive and friendly, They will alter menu items if requested and all of the food is great. A must go to place.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love to go here when we can. The bar staff is just so friendly and fun! Josh and Tommy are usually the ones taking care of us. They remember us every time even if it has been awhile since we visited, and the service is just great. Good food as well!

Reviewed November 26, 2017

I have had lunch or dinner at the Village Tavern many times. It's location is ideal. The food used to be terrific but now it is very unpredictable. The visit previous to this review necessitated us to send the nacho appetizer back because the chips were burned! Nevertheless, we went back today for lunch. I ordered my favorite Greek Salad with Tenderloins. I ordered the tenderloin to be cooked medium,. They were disgustingly rare, it was purple and looked as though it had only been dragged through the fire. I requested no pepperoncini but there were six on my salad. My husband's eggs Benedict was good albeit not quite hot enough. The service was the real bugaboo. We waited for our drinks (water), then waited to order. When the lunch arrived we ran out of water and there was no sign of any wait staff. Finally, I resorted to going to the wait staff station and getting a water jug myself. What I first construed to be a calm and cool waitperson doing the best possible under busy conditions was discovered to be apathy toward the job when the person was discovered merely chatting behind the bar while we were waiting for the check. Our previous visit treated us to a waitress picking up a tip and calling the patron an "a..h..." loud enough for the surrounding tables to hear. The location in a historic village and the proximity to a university is perfect but the restaurant should reexamine its wait staff and food quality or else their business will be limited to parents of students who drop off their kids and pick them up each semester.

OG P, Marketing Coordinator at Village Tavern Reynolda, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Village Tavern in Reynolda Village. I am very sorry to hear about the decline in your experience over the last several visits. I am passing along your review to the General Manager of this location. May I have a phone number or email address so he may reach out to you?

~Libby