“It's ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Foothills Brewing

Foothills Brewing
Ranked #8 of 661 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Brew Pub, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Crafting the finest craft brews and sumptuous pub food in the Triad of North Carolina.
Tampa, Florida
“It's ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have traveled all over in the US and around the globe and love beer. I had this place on my list when I came to Greensboro.

I tried 3 different beers; the Cottonwood Endo, the Carolina Blonde Ale, and the Hefeweizen. I would say all three were average in taste. Not great, not bad. I was hoping they would better.

I had the ostrich burger with a side of mac and cheese. Very good!

If in the area again, I may try some place different.

• Visited July 2013

“Excellent beer and good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great beer for us is like honey for the bees! We visited this place once looking for good beer and were pleasantly surprised to see what they offered. The menu provides great option to meet different taste buds. We absolutely loved the Double IPA and fried pickles which was aptly suggested by Daniel. Must visit if in Winston Salem.

Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Come for the beer, stay for the food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I originally started going to Foothills a few years ago for their "beer school". It is a several hour long class on how beer is made, how they make their beer, and how to taste their beer. It was a lot of fun. At the time, I was more into stouts and porters. Their Sexual Chocolate imperial stout had just come out for the year at the time and I was in love. It was one of the best imperial stouts I had ever tasted. Their People's Porter was also good, but not a huge departure from typical.

When I went with my family for the beer school, we decided to stick around for food after we were done. We all had the house specialty pizzas. The foothills pie I had was awesome! Everyone else enjoyed theirs as well. I've since been back many times and have always had great food. We even did a surprise birthday for my wife there last year and the staff at Foothills was great to work with. Now that I'm a Paleo eater, they are always willing to let me order off menu and basically add any protein I want to any combination of vegetables they have in the house. I really can't say enough about the staff and consistent quality of the food.

Also, not that my beer tastes have changed, I truly enjoy their IPA offerings. The Jade IPA is a wonderful flavor bomb of cascade hops. You'll think you are biting into a fresh grapefruit. Most recently I had their Seeing Double IPA. I would stack this up against Dogfish Head 90 minute Any Day! I may even say it is a half point better than the standard "best" IPA in the world. It is the most well balanced imperial IPA I've had in the 10% abv range. If you check out Beer Advocate or any similar site, you'll find great reviews across the board for their offerings. Now that they bought the recipes for the Carolina Blonde line and the Cottonwood line, they have an even more expansive offering of great brews.

So, I'd recommend going to Foothills for just about any occasion. It is a great place for a few beers, dinner, or a get together with friends. And, if you eat grains, try the pizzas or burgers. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited May 2013
“Still Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went back here again almost a year later and sat outside on the street and had a few beers. Bottom Line... Great beer and a great atmosphere. You must go here!

• Visited June 2013
raleigh, nc
“great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Surprised to see live entertainment at 5:00pm on Sunday. It was the icing on the cake. Great service (Mindy) and great food! Family friendly.

Visited June 2013