My husband and I stayed at Graylyn when he was interviewing for a job at Wake Forest. When we arrived we were treated extremely well. They knew our name and valet parked our car. The grounds are spectacular. I sat out for a good portion of the day while my husband was interviewing. It is in a great neighborhood with easy access to everything.
The less than perfect aspects were:
- The room was on the top floor of the main house and it was disapointingly appointed after being wowed by the estate. It looked as though it was designed in the 80's, i.e. dated but not charming
- The next morning we were awakened by doors of neighboring rooms slamming shut
- I asked the front desk for advice on what to do/see while my husband was interviewing. The woman was very polite, but not friendly and quite unhelpful.
We didn't pay for our stay and it was overall pleasant, but I don't think I would pay the going rate for these accomodations in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the private home of Mr & Mrs Bowman Gray, Graylyn is now a historic boutique hotel with all of today's modern amenities. Graylyn features 85 well-appointed and uniquely decorated guest rooms attractively situated throughout the pristine 55-acre estate just minutes from downtown Winston-Salem. An unforgettable experience awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Graylyn Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graylyn International Hotel Winston Salem