“Yummy beer”

Dining options: Late Night
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Yummy beer”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great bar to hangout and watch games. Incredible beer selection. kitchen closed early 9 pm. so i did not get to try out any food. Was very disappointed about that, especially since the aroma of the place when i first got there was not of beer but fish. Overall though best little brew pub in town.

• Visited May 2014

jeanna85
“Pretty good for Winston Salem”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Enjoyed the beer here. Selection rotates regularly. Been there twice- some beer much better than others. Nice to have the option to sit outside (2 small tables available)- unfortunately with its proximity to the bus station it was hard to carry a conversation with the constant noise of buses driving by.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A relaxed and friendly downtown brewpub”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Small Batch had only been open for three months when we visited but it was already a popular spot. It's in the centre of town, on a street corner with big windows looking out onto the street. Although it's quite an unassuming place you can't miss it because there's a tree outside with fairy lights wrapped round it. Inside it's modern and minimalistic with olive green and white tiles behind the bar and recycled wooden slats on the walls. One wall shows the names of their many "backers and believers". It was easy to see why they have so many supporters - it's a relaxed, friendly place and the beers were rather good. They also have a decent bottle list and serve food. We didn't eat there but the food looked good and it wasn't expensive.

• Visited February 2014
Clemmons, North Carolina
“A great spot in downtown W-S!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

After putting it off entirely too long, we finally visited Small Batch for the first time and now I'm kicking myself for not getting here sooner. It's a great spot for chilling out or grabbing a quick cocktail before dinner. The crafted beers are excellent--I tried the hefeweissen and the porter, and really enjoyed both. Like the previous reviewer, I'm a homebrewer so I can appreciate the quality. They also had a few flavored saisons, but I'm not really a big fan of flavored beers so I didn't try them. I'm sure they're very good if that's your thing, but I prefer more traditional styles. The good thing about this place is that if you don't care for some of the offerings, you can come back in a week or two and they'll have something entirely different.

The food we tried is also very good, although the offerings are somewhat limited. The wings are meaty and the sauce is just right. The duck flatbread is out of this world, as is the roasted root vegetable plate. It is a tapas approach, so you won't find full-bore meals here. But you can certainly fill up if that's your desire.

Overall it's a great addition to the downtown bar choices. Get yourself down there and check it out!

• Visited April 2014
Milton, Georgia
“This place rocks”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Having grown up in Winston, I was shocked to see the Kopper Kitchen go out of business, but I must say Small Batch has done it justice. It has kept most of the fixtures in place and improved the facilities otherwise.

The beer here is really creative - I am a home brewer and I am very particular about what I drink, the brewers here are really really good and use high quality ingredients. We only had appetizers while there, but the food was really good.

Service was excellent and really timely. We will go here every time we come to WInston-Salem. It is good to see the beer footprint in downtown expanding!

Visited April 2014