“Spent 5 days here”

Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I spent 5 days here while visiting in W-S. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is typical and the coffee is very good, as is usually the case at Best Westerns. The elevators are old and sorta clunky but everything else has been renovated and looks fine. My room had a lot of gnats in it (probably due to the recent renovation), but I didn't say anything until I checked out because I didn't want bug spray in the room while I was there. The clerk acted concerned and said she'd have it checked out right away - no problem for me. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your 5 day stay. Your comments are very important to us as we continue to improve. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

people who gave this hotel a low rating need to get over themselves!. this is a very clean place with a nice décor. the breakfast was not the Hilton, but it was adequate, with lots of variety to choose from. The beds were sooooo comfortable, Yes I would stay here again. The staff was great and very helpful with any questions we had.

1  Thank G0tt0g0n0w

I must say your comments made me smile, thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The service was excellent and the beds very comfortable! The staff was very attentive to my and my families needs. Everything was clean and the room was what I expected in the picture. It is so nice to have a non-smoking hotel!

1  Thank Deborah D

We are so glad that you felt at home at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we also appreciate your business. Please come back soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night as a stop over to Myrtle Beach. The hotel is conveniently located right beside the Hanes Mall. It has been nicely renovated in the rooms and lobby. The women at the front desk was extremely welcoming, which is very appreciated after a 11 hour drive. The morning breakfast is nothing special, but was good enough for a start to the day. Over all we were very satisfied with this hotel and definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank halfacoach

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope you will visit again soon. Your business is appreciated.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

First, the front desk staff and cleaning the department tried to be accommodating but the general manager/owner Vick Patel was the major culprit in the awful review of the hotel. He told me repeat and was not quite about nor did he say it in private that I as a costumer was "PISSING HIM OFF". This was the issue that led to the conversation, the day before arrival, i got an email from one of the staff that it was ok for my party to arrive @ 7-8am local time even though check it is not until 3pm. We made this request because we drop 8hrs all night and had to be at a meeting for @ 11am local time. When we arrived, i was told they sold out the previous night and had no cleaned room even though i showed them the email. Mr. Patel told me repeat that the email did not state the word "guarantee" so he does not have to honor the word or email of any staff member. He charged us full prize and told me to leave the hotel if i don't agree with his decision. We had to stay at the hotel because of our meeting, we did not have enough time to look for another hotel or get ready. The room they gave us smelled like sewer and when we complained, the maintenance guy stated, that it's common problem, so the front desk took off 10% of the room rate. The only room available on the floor we requested and they eventually moved us to, the doors were broken and the sink was clogged ad no amendment was done to the room charge. I travel all over the world and have never encounter anything like this before. I know this is an independently owned location, but they owner is try to ruin the "Best Western" name.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Olufolake A

We sincerely apologize for the confusion about check-in, we do all possible to meet requested early check in but sometimes it is not possible, especially at 8 am, our cleaning staff have not had time to prepare the room. Thank you for letting us know of the problem you experienced, we will use your comments to make improvements. Again we are sorry that we could meet your request.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The newly remodeled property still had a number of mechanical issues during our visit. The plumber and his crew were visalbe when we arrived and when we checked out. The decor was VERY BUSY and did not lend itself to a calm and tranquel atmosphere. The bright spot in the stay was the day desk clerk. She was very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Lou Ann C
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We continually work to make our hotel the best in the area so your comments are important and gives the opportunity to improve.
Your business is appreciated.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location was perfect and I can't wait to stay again. The staff were wonderful, and one of the staff members gave me and my luv a $10.00 gift card to Olive Garden that would expire in August 2014. It was wonderful. The decor and cleanliness of the room was on point. I loved the color in the room. The jet tub was an added bonus to me. I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We too are looking forward to having you visit again soon. Thank you for your comments, it is so good to know that you enjoyed your visit and that your found our accommodations to exceed your expectations.
We truly appreciate your business.