“A Foodie's Best Pizza Secret - Go!”

Mission Pizza Napoletana
Ranked #124 of 663 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Description: North Carolina's first Napoletana pizzeria, Mission Pizza Napoletana focuses on traditional wood-fired pizza and Italian-inspired fare.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A Foodie's Best Pizza Secret - Go!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Brick oven pizza never tasted so good as MISSION Pizza. The Crust. The Crust. The Crust. The delicate balance between high quality toppings and crust makes you savor every bit. It's not just a meal, but an experience. The combinations offered are chosen by the love of true Neapolitan food. My favorite is still the cauliflower drizzled with balsamic and goat cheese sauce. The atmosphere is well thought out to put the food at the center of attention and create a warm mingling place. I am a firm believer if you enjoy where you serve, it shows in the service you provide. Peyton Smith, owner, is there to give you the best experience overall. And his people are side-by-side with him. Go now! I'm getting hungry. After writing this, the memory of the aroma is pulling at my stomach.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AEJam

Winston-Salem, NC
“It was OK...”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have been to Italy recently and love wood fired pizza (and eating in downtown), so we were excited to give this place a try with friends. My wife had the roasted cauliflower which she thought was excellent. She had a marianara pizza which she found salty and I had the bianca which was good - but for all our pizzas (I'm including my friends in this) the pizzas are extremely doughy. And the crust was not crisp, but kind of soft and mushy. We also had a salad which was ok and drinks, but no dessert.

All in all, we had a good time, but if we want wood fired pizza, we will probably opt for Brixx and if we want a doughy pizza maybe Mellow Mushroom.

• Visited April 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Best Pizza in Winston-Salem”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Mission Pizza. It was a great experience! We had 3 different pizza's, and they were all superb! The offerings are diverse and gourmet although the menu isn't huge. The dough is excellent...cheery and airy. The toppings are applied sparingly...very Neapolitan style. The service was sterling! Limited but solid beer menu. This place is off to a phenomenal start and I'm delighted they are downtown!

2 Thank Dollyamas
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Manna Napolitana”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

FABULOUS crunchy/chewy crusted pizzas with fresh, bold, honest ingredients done in 90 sec in the wood fired oven and roasted cauliflower w/ goat cheese and balsamic app and zesty sauteed shrimp and cold beer and a casual, loud atmosphere with patient, knowledgeable staff. Big City food come to Trade St.

2 Thank Scott W
Winston Salem NC
“Best Pizza. Ever.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times and it is always great. Pizza cooked to perfection in two minutes!
The menu is set, with pizzas designed to taste amazing. Ingredients are high quality, dough is handmade. Appetizers: incredible. Beer and wine lists are very good, and there is Mexican Coke.
Owner started this business in a food cart and after perfecting his craft here it is, a labor of love. Peyton Smith knows how to blend flavors, lives for food and also loves to make people happy.

Try the cauliflower with goat cheese or anything else. The pizzas are fabulous. If it's your first time, sit at the counter and watch what 1,000 degree oven can do.

Service is excellent. Nice low key decor, usually a wait but when the outside dining space can be used (winter as I write this) it will be better.
Go eat. Meet Peyton. You'll go back.

2 Thank janicewriting6