“Great for school age children”
Review of SciWorks

SciWorks
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We took our toddler grandson. He did enjoy running everywhere but there was very little for him to interact with.

All reviews
"scientific"
"puzzles"
"grandkids"

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Looking for a fun place to go and possibly interest the children in Science? This is the place! I loved the hands on aspect! Very family friendly atmosphere!! The grands and the grandparents thoroughly enjoyed it!

1  Thank C W
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a very good attraction for kids and even adults! Kids can have all kinds of fun learning science. The admission fee is very inexpensive, and worth it.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My kids had a pretty good time at SciWorks, but it is not a place that I would drive out of my way to visit. We come to Winston-Salem about three times a year, and will likely come here in the winter or on a stormy day when outside activity is a no-go.

The planetarium was nice with the typical eccentric planetarium keeper. This gentleman really tried to be nice and he ran a good educational show.

The exhibits were quality. However the kids quickly got tired of each one and they only really work if there is a parent or teacher there to explain the concepts to them. Of course, I am supposed to be there (and was) with my kids. My point is that many of the exhibits were not intuitively interesting to a child.

My son loved the small animal park. The planetarium show said ages 9-adult and I took my 9 and mature 7-year-old while mommy stayed with out 5-year-old in the nature park. I was concerned about leaving them for one hour, but when we came back, he was happy as he observed the otters and other small collection of animals without fuss. I think most kids would not get as much enjoyment out of the park as he has a very strong fixation on animals.

If you belong to AAA, use your card for 50% off kids admission. They were kind enough to have a AAA sticker on the entrance or I would have not known to ask. Very nice of the staff to do this.

1  Thank Shankaracharya