“Make Burke Street Pizza at Home!”
Review of Burke Street Pizza

Burke Street Pizza
Ranked #91 of 659 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Asheville, North Carolina
“Make Burke Street Pizza at Home!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Take a cracker...add 1 drop of ketchup and 1 shred of cheese....bake at 400 until everything is burned beyond belief. I have tried and tried to get a decent pizza here....impossible! From a customer service aspect I understand why they always ask you to leave a tip for the delivery driver when you place your order....because they are ashamed of the crap they are dropping off!....never again...Mario's please deliver!....Burke Street is complete SLOP!!!!!!!

7 Thank ALLVOLNC
DaveH-NC, Owner at Burke Street Pizza, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I'm sorry you had a problem with your pizza. If you had called the store and complained about a burnt pizza we would have been happy to exchange it out for a new one. Looking at the picture you posted, I am somewhat perplexed. I've never have seen a pizza burn on the top without the bottom being black. This is because NY Style Pizzas are cooked sitting on a stone with the heating element cooking from below. There is heat circulating above, but the bottom would definitely burn before the top. The opposite would be true if you tried reheating it under a broiler, say in a home oven, where the heating element is on top.

With regards to driver tips, we only ask customers who use their credit cards on delivery orders if they would like to add a tip for their driver on their card. We do this because it's customary to tip a delivery driver and we're simply offering them a choice.

Again, we're sorry that you have had trouble with us in the past. With the volume of business we do, we know we're not going to be perfect. We just wish that you would have come to us with your problem so we could try to correct it, rather then slamming us online.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Robinhood Road branch”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Their pizza is great (Lasagna and Italiano pizzas are the BEST), their wings are 2nd only to Wingstop (closest one is Raleigh area) and they are always very helpful, accurate and attentive.

Visited January 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“I "Get" Why It's A Local Favorite!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love finding good pizza and sub shops that aren't franchises in the different places I visit. On a recent trip to Winston-Salem NC, I saw an ad in a local mag for Burke Street Pizza and tried it out. Their pizza is exactly the kind I like the most...thin, SLIGHTLY floppy but not soggy crust, homemade sauce, and a mixture of mozz and parmesan cheese on giant slices. This is the kind of pizza you can fold in half and pick up with your hands. And it was yummy! The spinach salad with balsamic / parm dressing was quite good.
It's a bustling order-at-the-counter / sit-in-a-booth kind of place. As I looked around there seemed to be a LOT of people enjoying their food and the home-i-ness of the restaurant. Wish my trip could have been longer so that I could have gone back and tried some other things on the menu!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nancy B
nc
“Perfect crust”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I discovered this place after my son recommended it. I love their pizza. The southwestern chicken salad is very good too. My guilty pleasure is the fried ravioli served with the best marinara sauce I've ever tasted. Also their tuna and chicken salad are great. You won't regret dining here.

Visited November 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Love the pizza”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We really enjoy their pizza and many of the sandwiches on menu. Pretty fast delivery and food is nice and warm. You may need to request a fork when needed though.

Visited October 2012