“Good food, relaxed atmosphere”

Putter's Patio & Grill
Ranked #79 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We walked from our Marriott Courtyard and yes does not look great from the outside but we enjoyed it. All 5 of us got the filet mignon with twice baked potatoes/- we all enjoyed it. Service was good, had monday night football on the tv as well. The gorgonzola salad was great and we all liked the Red Oak beer. Appetizers were cheap, plentiful and good. Potatoe skins were very good. Might go back our last night as menu is diverse and fish tacos looked good.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Putters has always been my favorite steak in place...until today! !! I have never been in a resturant and been treated so poorly, less than human. I felt like it was the 1960's and I was at a lunch counter in the south... very hurt and disappointed!:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sweet tea and rubens!
They don't sound right but the food was excellent. I went looking for a good local lunch and ended up with an excellent ruben sweet tea and fries.

This is fairly priced food with a unique atmosphere. It is like being off in some bar in the wilderness with cold beer silent staff and a very nice respite from the heat. but is right down the street from Wake Forest.

This is the place to go for good food and a patio you can hang out on all afternoon.

And the bartender looks a lot like steve Spurrier when he was younger!
I'm guessing that this place is jammed when school is back in session

1  Thank mike t
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First I will say that I am torn between 3 and 4 stars but went with 4 for the following reasons. They have high quality steaks that are cooked with a nice crust outside. The potato sides are great, especially the "golf balls" - whole small potatotes dredged and fried. Really good, cooked through but still have some texture. The home made chips are very good also. They make the blue cheese dressing in house and I thought it was excellent.
Now, why didn't I go 5 stars you may ask?
First, we ordered the steaks medium rare and they were medium. We ate them and they were still delicious, but at 30 dollars a steak from a place that claims "best steaks in town," I expect them to cook it the way I ordered it. When I told our server they were medium, she just said, they probably lost track of it. They have a really good beer selection, bottled and on tap. I had a newcastle bottle and a Red Oak draft, from a local brewery. We went on a Saturday night prior to the Elton John concert and were smart enough to go early. By the time we were leaving it was packed. Literally packed I mean, we had to try getting through a mob of people all standing inside the door filling every available spot. Really not a smart way to have people wait for tables, especially since they have a covered patio!
The place, when crowded, is really noisy so if you like quiet dinners find another place. This was no problem for us, but I could see how some would not like it.
Overall I would recommend the place but make sure you don't go at peak times because there was a long wait by the time we left. The food was excellent, good beers, and an interesting place...

2  Thank music_fanatic1
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow it was more than expected. Place is deceiving beacuse it is a pub, but the food is above standard pub fare. Steaks are very good with nice grilled taste, the rib eye for lunch is a deal. Chicken wings, steak sanwhich, homemade potato chips, beer, homemade blue cheese dressing all were great. It is a nice relaxed atmosphere. Prices are fair and portions are large. Go do not let the outside deceive you the food is why you are there.

1  Thank 412raymondd