“Best place to eat in Winston”
Review of Fabian's - CLOSED

Fabian's
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Best place to eat in Winston”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Great food. Great atmosphere. Bill and his wife are very nice. My husband and I went there for our 1 year and we loved it We will be back

1 Thank Rad4

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The BEST dining experience I have had in this area”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Finally.. a great restaurant experience in Winston! For our town, it doesn't get better than this. 5 course, personally created meal for $60 a head? - This place is a steal. The first 3 courses are set - you have no choice. Our appetizer was seared scallops and while I'm not a fan of scallops, they were very good and my husband loved them. The Cream of Asparagus soup was incredible and the dinner salad was fresh greens with a vinaigrette dressing. You do have options for entree and desserts. Hubs chose the house "standard" of Crackled Duck and I had the filet. Dessert was generous and delicious. The service was outstanding and Bill the owner and chef creator made a couple of appearances. You just don't get that anymore.
If you are looking for an amazing meal with impeccable service in a charming atmosphere - make your reservation now.
Our kids are heading to camp next week and I made our reservation tonight!! Cannot wait!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank KristenDaukas
Riverhead, New York
“My favorite restaurant to visit.”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was visiting my family for the second time in Winston/Salem, and it is my second visit to Fabians, (what does that tell you!). I was totally blown away once again by the fabulous food, service and atmosphere. Our first course was gnocchi in brown sage butter, with walnuts, fontina and asiago cheese. The gnocchi were light as clouds, and thank goodness Diana came around with that homemade rosemary infused bread to soak up all of that butter, nuts, and cheese. Next was a pureed tomato soup with blue cheese swirled in with fresh herbs, Next was the mixed field greens with honey/lemon vinigarette. Very refreshing. My main course was the flounder francaise with scallops served with mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus, squash w/taragon, and organic sliced carrots sweetened w/honey. Last was dessert. I got the chocolate lava cake, served warm from the oven. Do you think I enjoyed the meal? Absolutely!, Will I be back? Absolutely!. Thank you Bill and Diane for once again having angels dancing on my tongue and giving me a wonderful dining experience. I will be back.

1 Thank KENDASCH
Arizona
“Great Anniversary Dinner...”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I couldn't have picked a better restaurant to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. From start to finish, it was a beautiful evening. I am a very picky person and I loved everything that was served. It is so nice to eat at a place that cares about the food served. Each course was fresh and delicious and service was very attentive. It was very relaxing and intimate. I don't know why more chefs don't open restaurants like this. It was nice not to be rushed and enjoy a candlelit dinner.

1 Thank azbaker
Santa Clarita, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We couldn't say enough about this restaurant. My husband and I weren't sure as to what to expect at first. The service and quality of the food was amazing. Very intimate setting but yet a very warm enviroment. And so very personable. The owners come out and talk to everyone. And you can tell they take such pride in what they do. I would definitely go back again, however we live in California. But maybe one day our travels will bring us back there again.

1 Thank cassnsyd