“Great food”

Paul's Fine Italian Dining
Ranked #86 of 683 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Paul's Fine Italian Dining boasts the best of Italian cuisine and a memorable culinary experience with authentic dishes and fantastic service. Our dishes originated in Italy, were refined in New York, and are brought to your table right here in Winston-Salem. Whether you are joining us for lunch or dinner, our menu includes daily specials that vary from lasagna to rack of lamb, veal chops, and swordfish. We also enhance our daily menu with seasonal specialties such as pumpkin gnocchi, pesto, and prosciutto with figs. Complement it all with a glass of wine or even an after-dinner cocktail from our full bar. Just be sure to save room for a selection from our dessert menu, featuring tiramisu, chocolate dream, or cannoli. With a long history of excellence, you'll find that the authentic cuisine and fine service found at Paul's Fine Italian Dining is second to none.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I have been dining here for years. Never a bad experience. More recently have discovered the joys of take out. The food is "I can't wait until I come back".

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We were taken to dinner by new business aqaintances who dine here frequently. The wine was fabulous. My husband and I both had veal dishes-fabulous. The side of spinich was tasty. The bread delicious. We had some sort of chocolate dessert-not bad, but not impressive. The decor is dated, and odd, but I learned a long time ago decor says nothing about the food. I would DEFINATELY recommend and return.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The flavor and atmosphere make this family owned restaurant a must-try in the Winston Salem area. On our first occasion we shared the "Spiedino alla Romana" and the "Antipasto Freddo" for appetizers, which can only be described as perfectly prepared, seasoned and presented. "Scaloppine Inverno" is a veal dish that my heart appreciates because it is accompanied with artichokes, and I could only steal a taste from my fiance's "Rigatoni alla Vodka" for due reason: he wanted it all to himself! The proportions were enough to have seconds for lunch the next day so that we could splurge on the most succulent deserts, their homemade "Cannoli" offered crunchy exterior with an exquisite creamy center. The "Tiramiso" melts in your mouth and the pianist and soft sofas with a digestif offer the final touch to an amazing date night. There is beautiful decor and service that just top off the entire experience. Highly recommend the entire Paul's fine Italian dining experience to locals and visitors alike.

1  Thank Notalie
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was such a treat to find myself back at Paul's! Since this was a solo visit I chose the bar for dining. The bartender offered great service. My food was just as I remember - hot and scrumptous! The sole and side of spinach were excellent as was the Casaer salad - I love to ask for achovies on top. My favorite Winston-Salem restaurant!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have posted a second review of a restaurant. I'm doing it to reinforce what outstanding food and service you can expect at Paul's. The lasagna is the best I've ever had. My son had the chicken bolognese and pronounced it "the world's best chicken". I love the fact that the temperatures are always right, with the soup and entrees served piping hot, as they should be. Also, I've never been to Paul's when Paul himself was not there.

I think some of the less than positive reviews may relate to two things. First, the recipes are not what you might find elsewhere. This is why I love the lasagna in that it is very unique. Second, I find that many Italian restaurants these days make their sauces too sweet, but not Paul's. But if people are used to sweet sauces, they may feel that Paul's are different. To me this is a huge positive.

I would also compliment the service which is always excellent. The same people are there year after year, which is always a great sign.

I just can't recommend Paul's strongly enough. Winston-Salem is very fortunate to have a restaurant like this.

1  Thank Travelpro513