“A local legacy for great Italian food...”

Paul's Fine Italian Dining
Ranked #82 of 667 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Paul's Fine Italian Dining boasts the best of Italian cuisine and a memorable culinary experience with authentic dishes and fantastic service. Our dishes originated in Italy, were refined in New York, and are brought to your table right here in Winston-Salem. Whether you are joining us for lunch or dinner, our menu includes daily specials that vary from lasagna to rack of lamb, veal chops, and swordfish. We also enhance our daily menu with seasonal specialties such as pumpkin gnocchi, pesto, and prosciutto with figs. Complement it all with a glass of wine or even an after-dinner cocktail from our full bar. Just be sure to save room for a selection from our dessert menu, featuring tiramisu, chocolate dream, or cannoli. With a long history of excellence, you'll find that the authentic cuisine and fine service found at Paul's Fine Italian Dining is second to none.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Don't know how long this restaurant has been here (seems like forever), but is consistently good on many levels. Wait staff is serious about providing the best customer service you'll find, food is delicious with many options available (we had Capellini Papalini - a great choice for pasta lovers - and the Seafood special - delicious if you love adventurous seafood dishes), atmosphere is a bit dated, but it "works" for this establishment, and the prices are reasonable. Have never been to Paul's when Paul himself wasn't there scurrying around, doing everything from greeting and seating customers, pitching in to do "whatever" needs to be done in the dining room and mingling with customers to make sure they are having a wonderful dining experience. Have been here several times - and it's always a real treat!

There are newer reviews for Paul's Fine Italian Dining

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Paul's is located in a strip shopping mall in North Winston-Salem. Service was prompt and friendly. The carpaccio I had as an appetizer left something to be desired, and I would not recommend it. The veal served with the main course was excellent, and they offer good wines by the glass.Overall, I do recommend Pauls' as a good dining value.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We ate at Paul's for dinner tonight. We had a lovely young waitress named Christine who was excellent. She was very attentive to keeping our drink glasses and cups filled and was very personable. The owner came by to chat. He's a delightful gentleman. Our Caesar Salad was excellent. My wife also said her Eggplant Parmigiana was among the best she has had. I ordered the Capellini Papalini. The description was "angel hair in cream, tomato, and meat sauce with prosciutto, mushrooms, and sweet peas". It had everything described except the meat sauce (I didn't consider the slice of prosciutto on top a constituting a "meat sauce") . It was very tasty but I would not have ordered it if I knew it was not a meat sauce. The protions were more than ample.

1  Thank Bruce J
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so when you pull up to this place you think you are going onto a movie set for the godfather. All I could think was there is no way this isn't a front for the mob. So we walk in and are greeted by a wonderfull man that looked like he was right out of an Italian movie. We are sat down in a small dining room that reminded me of our church dining room when I was little. The waitress brought out fresh bread that was still warm from the oven. We ordered calamari which was good. The salads were fresh from a garden according to the waitress. And finally the food was great we had the signature dish whose name escapes me now, that I thought was delicious, my wife had cattaloni, she said it was amazing. My parents each had a different ravioli which they devoured. I totally recommend this place if you are in Winston and you are tired of eating Olive Garden.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Seven of us dined at Paul's last night and had seven excellent meals, with two large carafes of wine, for a very reasonable price. I was surprised to see the price range shown as $31-$40, since none of our entrees cost more than $22.95, the veal parmigiana. My lobster ravioli with the sherry cream sauce was only $18.95, and it was delicious. Entrees were served with a side of spaghetti or steamed spinach, plus an overflowing basket of baked crusty bread, so no one left the table hungry. Since many people might shy away from an Italian restaurant with too high a price range, I'd suggest you consider adjusting it down. I'd say the average was $18-$30, although there may have been more expensive meals but they wouldn't be your typical Italian meals, which is what most people look for at an Italian restaurant. If you want steak, you might want to try a steakhouse instead. But Paul's was a great place for authentic Italian food. Paul and his son Marcello are hands-on in the restaurant: Paul greeted and seated us, and Marcello was our server. Congratulazioni to them both!

2  Thank Linda H