“Exceptional Service!”

Ryan's Steak Chops & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ryan's Steak Chops & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 673 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled in a wooded setting minutes from downtown and Wake Forest University, Ryan's has provided exquisite food and service in a rustic lodge atmosphere for nearly Forty years. Ryan's is locally owned and operated and has been a Wine Spectator award winner since 1987. Come enjoy one of our classic entree's and your favorite beverage next to one of our fireplaces or at a window table overlooking the wooded setting.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a really nice anniversary dinner here the other night. The food, as always, was excellent, but the stand-out was the fast, polite service! One tip -- ask to reserve a table with a window-view when you call. You don't want to miss this part of the ambiance.

Ask for Jeremy if he's still there when you go! ;)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recommend sea food dishes, very good, steaks also, but I have ordered their special latte... it was extremely sweet... so if you are not sweet lover, dont forget you want normal latte. Enjoy

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Intimate smaller rooms in what is a surprisingly large restaurant, extremely attentive, great fresh breads, attentive wait staff without being in your face or obtrusive. Knowledgible about menu items and specials. Food prepared as ordered, delivered promptly. Atmosphere was quiet enough to have a conversation, but general restaurant feel was that you were in a place others wanted to be and were enjoying being there. A hidden gem in the woods adjacent to a busy street, behind an office building. Worth looking for.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've been to Ryan's many times, and it is consistently very good. The setting is lovely, perfect really for a nice family dinner or a special occasion for couples. The food and service are always good. The four versus five star rating reflects the fact that I don't find the food to be exceptional. Ryan's makes a big deal about their prime steak options, which you pay a lot more for, but I find them actually to be lacking in flavor. In summary, you can count on a very good dining experience, but nothing that you will be amazed by in my opinion.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

There are lots of excellent restaurants in Winston-Salem, but my wife and I always find ourselves returning to Ryan's because we know we'll have an excellent meal. We went last week to celebrate an anniversary, and true to form, the experience was delightful. I had the lump crab meat appetizer, and crab cakes entree. (What can I say? I was feeling crabby, I guess.) My wife had the smaller portion of tequila lime scallops, and proclaimed them the best scallops she's ever had. My crab cakes were very good - not the best ever, but certainly delicious. I had mentioned our anniversary when making the reservations, and our server not only congratulated us but offered us each a free dessert (we ended up splitting the chocolate cake - mmm.) And something I always look forward to at Ryan's - the coffee. I don't know whether it's the beans or the maker, but it's always exceptional. We had a very special evening out for a very special occasion. That's what Ryan's always gives us.