“Best fine dining in the triad”
Review of A Noble Grille

A Noble Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
A Noble Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Thruway Shopping Center
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have dined an Nobles a number of times recently and we both agree its our favorite overall fine dining venue in the Triad. This time we dined with friends at the Chef's Table. The personal attention from the Chef, who is just a great guy, really made the occasion special.

1  Thank Dollyamas

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been twice in August, and both times the meals were special. The first time was a 'chef's table' with courses by Chef Bobby that reminded me of starred French restaurant. Why travel far away or go anywhere else I thought. Another evening was a dinner with family sharing choices from the bar menu and the spinach tagliatelle. The dishes have always been unique, well prepared and flavorful. The service is equal to the preparation of the food. I am in awe of this local restaurant that has improved so much in recent years. Give it a try. You should not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I and our young adult daughter recently celebrated a special occasion at Noble's Grill. We were quickly seated in the dining room, with a view of the very busy, but not overly loud brick-fire oven and kitchen area - it was fun to see all of the hub-bub. We were a bit over whelmed with servers. One server seated us, took drink orders, and notified us of the evening's specials, she was quickly replaced with a team of another server and a trainee. Everyone did a good job, but almost over did it. Our water goblets were refilled when only one sip had been taken. A bit more spacing between offers of service would have been appreciated and welcomed.

We took one servers advice and had the tomato bisque soup - it was delicious and enjoyed by everyone at the table. My daughter ordered a Cesar salad, it was under-dressed and she asked for more. The anchovy smell was very strong, and it was light on garlic. I ordered the pear/vinaigrette salad. It was delicious, but with just a few slices of pear, several more would have been appreciated.

My husband had the ostrich burger, it was very good. My daughter enjoyed the crab cake entree, also very good.

This is a lovely place for a special dinner. The tables are situated pretty close together, so romance may not be a great idea. The wine list is unique, very diversified and broad in selection. The bar was well appointed and comfortable seating was plentiful.

We noticed several diners enjoying dinner outside, the patio seemed like a great place to spend an evening or lunch.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of the most pleasant places in town for a business lunch or simply to visit with friends or colleagues over a great meal is Noble’s at Stratford. Have always appreciated the space between tables and the fact that private conversation is possible there. Lots of memorable meals there. Chef John Bobby is a clever. talented fellow with great spirit about him and a passion for food. The restaurant has both classic style and, with Chef John in the kitchen, excellent food.

Lunch there yesterday. Took a seat at the bar and opted for a Caesar salad and a cup of soup from the luncheon menu that also featured a grilled cheese sandwich with interesting sides, an heirloom BLT, a Reuben, and a NY strip wrap. Any one would have been a good choice, in my book, but I enjoyed the Italian “bread” soup, a first for me.
A bit about “Italian Bread Soup” that I borrowed. Seems the Italians, like Americans with bread pudding and country stewed tomatoes, looked for ways to use leftover bread.

“Italy boasts a rich tradition of bread soups, which is born of necessity: In the past people were much too poor to throw away stale bread. They therefore had to devise ways to make it edible; one of the most obvious (and tasty) is to work it into a soup. One important thing: You will need real Italian bread of the sort baked directly on the oven floor or a pizza stone, with a firm crust and crumb that can take being soaked in water without becoming a sticky paste. American-style white bread, what Italians call pane in cassetta, won't work.”

1  Thank cleggett336
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Facility is great. Love the wood fired oven. Pizza was beautiful. Steak was outstanding. Pork chops fabulous. Bread pudding top notch! Staff was prompt, well trained, and efficient. ANYTIME I'm in Winston, I'll be eating at Noble's. Loved it!!!