“Good Franchise Food For The Price”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a very good meal with excellent service provided by Scarlette T. She went out of her way to assist our granddaughter and her gluten problem. The quantity of the food was far greater that the ability to eat at one setting. The quality was way above average and everyone kept attending
to our table asking if they could assist us in any way. The chicken and eggplant Parmesan were actually very tasty and they must have change a bit based on past reviews. We will be going back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I used to go to this restaurant almost once a week. However, that has stopped. 2 months ago, my wife and I went and did not have a good experience. Service was slow and scatterbrained, found dirty dishes that were supposed to be clean, found a hair on the plate under the bread, and then the rest of the night, both of our stomachs were upset. So after that, I said that was enough. We didn't go for about 2 months until just the other night my wife wanted to go so I thought we would give it a try. It was a Sunday night so not a packed house, but we did have to wait about 15 minutes. The restaurant cleared out pretty quick and there may have been only 10 or 12 tables taken in the restaurant (other than a party of 18 which I will get to). After we sat down, it took about 10 minutes before we even saw a server to take our drink order, then another 10 to get the drinks. We were enjoying the bread as always, until I found a hair baked INSIDE of the bread. I was disgusted and the waiter tried to pass it off as rosemary. I know what rosemary looks like and it is not 8 inches long. Salads slowly came and then after a little over AN HOUR, we finally got our main entree. At this point, another table came in and we were talking to them about our horrible time and apparently the waiter overheard us and quickly corrected us that our 2 dishes were put in behind the party of 18. Really?! 2 dishes can go ahead of 18. If you go out with a big party like that, you are already prepared to wait more than normal. The food was ok, at best. We got an appetizer of fried ravioli that was tasteless. Pretty much like mozzarella sticks, but I would much rather prefer Arby's mozzarella sticks than those any day. My wife got fettuccine alfredo which she said was good, and I got the chicken and steak speidini, which was not good. The chicken was decent, but the steak was cold and over cooked. It came with potatoes that were drenched in oil and had almost no flavor anymore. Throughout this whole time, there were dirty tables all around us that had not been bused. My wife used to wait tables at a restaurant and she even said it was ridiculous. It was not appetizing at all to look around the restaurant and see everybody's left over food still sitting on the tables, some even 20 or 30 minutes after they had left. Overall, a horrible experience. Waiter did not keep drinks full or bring more when he said he would, did not bring more bread when he said, etc. It was just not a pleasant experience and I will not be going back for a long, long time, if ever. And to top it all off, we noticed the sanitation grade was still a 90.5! (has been for months)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

When shopping in Winston we usually take a break by having lunch at Macaroni Grill and most of the time we have a very nice dinning experience---On a recent trip however we were somewhat disappointed in the food as it was not up to its usual standard---My wife ordered the cheese bits and I had the stuffed mushrooms as starters---The mushrooms were small and unappertizing and the waitress, to her credit, appreciated this and produced a second helping which was more to my liking. Our mains consisted of Chicken parmesan and Fettuccine alfredo---both of these were "ok" but were somewhat tasteless---Our waitress bless her heart was really trying to make us happy and because of this we will give the Macaroni Grill another try in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

One Macaroni grill is the same as any other. The food is good and the service is up to par. It, like any other chain meets your expectations where ever you go.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family recently went to the Macaroni Grill to celebrate some birthdays. We've been there before but it had been 4 years. We've gone several times through the 18 years its been here. Back in the old days the waiters were wonderful & sang to you. There was the honor system for the bottles of table wine. It was just a fun experience. This past visit couldn't have been more different. The service was so slow (we were there on a week day, not crowded at all). For some reason the waiter would not really come to the table, he stayed on the other side of the short partition wall & shout at us. He knew we were celebrating 2 birthdays but made no mention of it at all. The food was ok, nothing special by any means. We had to ask for boxes for left overs, there were 3 boxes so we asked for a bag to carry them, you would have thought we asked for the moon. We have many restaurants here in town that are so much better so we won't be going back here. Just sad because it had been a fun experience before.