“Predictable but ordinary” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Predictable but ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

These places are, of course, pretty much the same. There are plenty of better places to eat in this neighborhood for about the same money but, as I say, this place is predictable.

Visited October 2013

Mount Airy
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

When shopping in Winston we usually take a break by having lunch at Macaroni Grill and most of the time we have a very nice dinning experience---On a recent trip however we were somewhat disappointed in the food as it was not up to its usual standard---My wife ordered the cheese bits and I had the stuffed mushrooms as starters---The mushrooms were small and unappertizing and the waitress, to her credit, appreciated this and produced a second helping which was more to my liking. Our mains consisted of Chicken parmesan and Fettuccine alfredo---both of these were "ok" but were somewhat tasteless---Our waitress bless her heart was really trying to make us happy and because of this we will give the Macaroni Grill another try in the future.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

One Macaroni grill is the same as any other. The food is good and the service is up to par. It, like any other chain meets your expectations where ever you go.

Visited June 2013
north carolina
“Has Gone Downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family recently went to the Macaroni Grill to celebrate some birthdays. We've been there before but it had been 4 years. We've gone several times through the 18 years its been here. Back in the old days the waiters were wonderful & sang to you. There was the honor system for the bottles of table wine. It was just a fun experience. This past visit couldn't have been more different. The service was so slow (we were there on a week day, not crowded at all). For some reason the waiter would not really come to the table, he stayed on the other side of the short partition wall & shout at us. He knew we were celebrating 2 birthdays but made no mention of it at all. The food was ok, nothing special by any means. We had to ask for boxes for left overs, there were 3 boxes so we asked for a bag to carry them, you would have thought we asked for the moon. We have many restaurants here in town that are so much better so we won't be going back here. Just sad because it had been a fun experience before.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Galax, Virginia
“pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having eaten in a few of the Macaroni Grill's, I have had mixed feelings. I received a coupon for one free entre with the purchase of one. I decide to give it another try. I am very glad I did. I had an excellent meal. I had stuffed mushrooms as a starter. These were very good . There was sufficient quantity for two people. I also had a glass of wine which was an excellent buy since this summer, all of the wines are half price. For the main course, I had salmon. It was well prepared. Do not do like I have done and neglect going to this establishment because the food and service was excellent.

• Visited July 2013