“Better than Olive Garden”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Aiea, Hawaii
“Better than Olive Garden”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family and I were frequent Olive Garden customers until Macaroni Grill came to town many years ago. Unlike OG, I don't have to shout over the noise of other tables so my guests can hear me. I don't feel rushed by staff to leave my table once I'm finished with my meal. Meal prices might be a tad higher than OG, but the food is great and so is the service. The dining area also appears to be a lot cleaner than our local OG.

While I'm sure Macaroni Grill has its peak service times, I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a table and usually get seated right away. So, while others are waiting an hour in line at OG, I'm being served my entree.

• Visited December 2012

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Slow service, poor salad, but good pasta”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was not busy during my visit for dinner, but it took 30 minutes for my meal to come out to the table. My Bibb and Blue salad was not good - no dressing, covered in fried onions and pickled onions. Other than the onions it had no flavor. The simple marinara over angel hair pasta was very good, but could not overcome the slow service and really bad salad.

Suwanee, Georgia
“Eat alone”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great to walk in and get a table for a quick dinner when traveling. I like that you can earn skymiles dinning points.

Visited July 2012
Lexington, Virginia
“Average at best”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went with great expectations but left fairly disappointed. We had a fair amount of questions about menu options, but our waitress didn't have many answers. Some of the food was OK, but my grilled veggies were very cold. One of the dishes was supposed to have prosciutto, but we never found it. When we asked the waitress, she described what it should have been like and wanted to know if we wanted her to do something about it (if there's any question, it should simply be addressed). We waited a long time just to get water because the waitress said they were out of water bottles. She finally bought individual glasses of water and then had to carry the glasses back to the kitchen each time for refills. As I think back on my experience, it was mostly a poor waitress experience backed up by average food.

High Point, North Carolina
“Take out made simple”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Placed our order on line ,set up a pick-up time,did our shoping,picked up the food on our way home& enjoyed a well prepared meal at home with no clean up A win-win all the way

• Visited October 2012