“Slow service and cold food”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #519 of 687 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our waitress had little knowledge of the menu, and never came by for refills we had to ask. Food was cold and some had to be sent back ask for a manager and Kim came over all she wanted to do was pass the buck. Not a good meal.

1  Thank Regbowman

Reviewed June 14, 2009

My companion and (both in our early 60s') I visited in mid-afternoon. Only two people in the place, both at the bar. I asked for a quiet booth. Staffer took us to a booth directly across from the bar door, where too-loud music was pouring out. I asked for, and got, another booth that was, actually, relatively quiet.
About 2 minutes after our awful fish and chips hit the table, they seated a couple with a small child DIRECTLY across the aisle from us. The kid was yelling on the way to the table, and never stopped. We literally could not carry on a conversation ... this kid screamed continuously. Kid also swept their drinks off the table, which resulted in the usual crowd of cleaner-uppers and loud chatter.
Why, I asked the manager when I complained when departing, did you seat this screaming kid directly across from us, when there were, perhaps, 40 other empty booths in the restaurant? His answer convinced me he didn't get it, didn't want to get it, and will never get it.
(For the record, we're not anti-child. Between us, we have 5 children and 11 grandchildren, and we adore them all.)

1  Thank JHM5
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Local skeezy hang-out. How many menu items are they going to invent in a fetal attempt to bring people in? They should just keep to the basics and rely on a strong menu base. Service is not so great. Ok place to get a drink, unless the cranky bar-tender is on shift.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 26, 2004

Everything that can be wrong with a restaurant is wrong here.
Location...At the mall!
Food...Portion-pac out of a bag
Price... EXPENSIVE for what you get
Atmosphere...I always feel like someone should cut my hair. What's with the barber pole decor.
Service...Trained indifference
Try Lucky 32 instead. Similar large selection. Far better food. Nicer atmosphere. NOT AT THE MALL! (though if you find yourself at the mall and starving, try the pretzel place that is not in the food court)

2  Thank Dondoh