“French Wine Dinner Event a Treat and a Value”
Review of Millennium Artisan Restaurant - CLOSED

Millennium Artisan Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Fine Dining Without the Fuss!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Chef Kevin Reddick's menu at Artisan's five-course wine dinner drew applause from the assembled guests. Kevin has made the big step from catering chef to an open restaurant kitchen and is proving that he is sufficient to the task. Each of the five courses was accompanied by a wine selected by Chuck King of American Premium Beverage -- a familar face in WS culinary circles and one who knows wines and how to introduce them as a feature of pairing dinners. Was sure the first course of Frog Legs Provencal "with tomato confit" was going to be my favorite until the Alaskan Halibut Soubise panned in butter was presented. Simple but extraordinarily good. Moist, flavorful. Perfection, in my opinion. Wish I could prepare fish like that. I would have let the Burdundy Braised Beef Short Rib cook a while longer. Ideally short ribs should be fork tender which is facilitated by a generous amount of fat. My serving, at least, was too lean.

I am at a loss as to what "confit" means in contemporary culinary lingo. It is used broadly and loosely. When asked by a diner what "confit" means, Chef Kevin replied "Generally meat cooked in its own fat." Since frog legs have no fat and plum tomatoes are not meat, have to wonder why "confit"? Moral? If ordering something "confit," you had best ask for an explanation, else you are rolling the dice.

Four white wines, including a Paul Jaboulet Rose with the frog legs, and one red -- a Clos Troteligorte Malbec, my personal favorite, with the short ribs. Roses are becomig increasingly popular and no longer carry a "low brow" stigma. That's a good thing.

Artisan billed this Fourth Street event as a "French wine dinner event." It certainly was a value -- as well as a treat -- at about fifty bucks. Congratulations to Chef Kevin for being adventurous enough to put his talent and culinary skill on the line for us. Hope Artisan will continue to delight WS diners with special events which its space accomodates very well.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Second visit today--food was very good both times, but the service was terrible this visit. Server obviously did not want to be at work--never took our drink order and dropped off our food w/o saying a word. Didn't show up again until we had finished eating. Overall an uncomfortable and disappointing experience......

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great Dinner only restaurant specializing in fresh fare from local sources prepared in unique ways that allow the flavors to come through.
I expected for the decor that it would be pricey or not quite satisfying, but we were pleasantly surprised.
Wednesday is half price wine night, so its a great day to check it out!

2  Thank Jennimusing
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice dinner here. She had the chicken with mashed potatoes & turnips (delicious) and I the hanger steak & frittes. The steak was tender and tasty. The frittes were crisp but lacking any truffle taste (still good though). The portions were excellent! Just right. The wine list, however, is uninspired and uninspiring. A restaurant of this level deserves a better list.
The restaurant is modern, architecturally very clean looking, with an open kitchen and bar. The service ( we had Mark) was perfect.
Winston needed a place like this ! We will definitely return.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

At Artisan, had the Boursin stuffed portabello mushroom with grilled asaragus and a tomato dish side with basalmic sauce. OMG!