“Great food”

Kimono Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 673 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are in town for the tennis series, so we will be doing a lot of dining around town. Found a "Group on" for this place, so decided to give it a try. It must be new and trying to attract customers. It's in a shopping center so it could be missed. We went between lunch and dinner so it was almost empty. The decor was very nice, the background music was relaxing ( elevator jazz).The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was outstanding! We ordered the hibachi dish with four different meats, the steak was very tender and well seasoned, the scallops and shrimps were grilled to perfection and the chicken was well seasoned.
I hope they do well in the future. The prices were comparable to other Japanese restaurants. Note:This is a traditional restaurant, not the kind with the personal chef cooking at the table.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I saw another recent review on here that said the Chicken Hibachi with Mixed Veggies and shrimp sauce was good at this restaurant. I am staying at a nearby hotel and went to give it a try. They were right! I wish I had discovered this place on night one of my two night stay. I got a to-go order of nearly famous hibachi chicken with mixed veggies and shrimp sauce along with an order of harumaki (fried spring rolls, not sure if that is spelled correctly). The spring rolls were on the smaller side and delicious. I would definitely get them again if I was eating with other people. However the hibachi chicken portion was huge and ordering any other food was completely unnecessary. It completely filled all three compartments in a standard styrofoam to-go container. The price was very reasonable.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is in our rotation of restaurants so we eat here about once a month. The only thing we've eaten is the hibatchi chicken with mixed veggies and shrimp sauce. We've had the meal but with such a generous serving the soup and salad are just too much for us. It is very reasonably priced.

1  Thank gracie l
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Tasty food!
My friends ordered Sushi and was fresly made at the moment, delicious!
The service is nice and the restaurant is clean

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Large portions, freshly prepared. They even brought out an arrangement for a friends Birthday for our whole table to share. Great service also.