“Excellent”

Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 660 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Welcome to Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant. Since opening our doors in 1964, Vincenzo’s has not only stood the test of time, but also stood as one of the oldest restaurants in the city of Winston Salem, N.C. For the people who know and love Vincenzo’s, our longevity is not a surprise. Eating at Vincenzo’s is a special treat that is hard to match. With superior service and authentic Italian dishes, a meal at Vincenzo’s is not easily forgotten. Stop by today and let our staff give you a taste of Italy. Vincenzo’s offers dine-in, take out, and delivery. We are open Monday through Saturday for dinner and Monday through Friday for lunch. We are closed on Sundays.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently visited Vincenzo's for the second time, and wasn't disappointed. I came in around noon on a weekday with colleagues for lunch and was delighted with my experience and my meal. I ordered a chicken caesar salad, and it was huge and delicious. My colleagues ordered small lunch-size pizzas and they also looked delicious.The restaurant is very casual and comfortable and everything is pretty reasonably priced.

I'm looking forward to visiting again!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank sardawg

Portland, Oregon
“Always consitently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place is consistent always decent to very good food reasonable prices and acceptable service. I like the way the salad dressing is always on the side and the garlic bread is excellent entrees are always decent and enough recommend highly

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Milespert
“Good Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm Italian and this is the closest I can get without doing the work myself. Most of their sauces are homemade. They have fresh salads and delicious garlic bread. Try the clams marinara or the shrimp alla nina. Or you can't go wring with spaghetti and meatballs. It's all good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ahobbs04
Advance, North Carolina
“Exceptional, tucked-away gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My first memory of Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant is from the mid-70s when I was in high school, and at that time, it was located across the street in a small, little gray building. The food was delicious back then, and everything I've ever eaten there has been exceptional! Their sauce is very, very delicious, and I would be able to pick it out from a blind taste test because it is so mouth-watering and unique. Vincenzo's is open 6 days a week, and if you go for dinner, you should plan to arrive early or wait to be seated. They have a strong, regular following of repeat diners. They also offer take-out service and delivery service. It is rare in this day and time to be greeted by a courteous person at the door, and every time you go to Vincenzo's, Richard Patella is dressed in a suit and is waiting for you with a huge smile. After you visit a few times, he remembers you, and it's like going home to eat - a warm and personal experience. When he's not too busy greeting and seating guests, he makes rounds through the dining room, and is genuinely happy to welcome you to the restaurant. His Dad, Vincent, is the owner and a more "behind the scenes" person, but it's so obvious Vincenzo's is a family-owned and operated business. No fast-food-rush-you-in-and-out feeling here! There are daily specials on their menu, and these can be easily viewed on their great web site. I absolutely love the Antipasto Appetizer, the French Onion Soup, the Minestrone Soup, and the Baked Lasagna is the best I have ever eaten. Occasionally, we will order one of their huge 20" Full House Pizzas, and it's enough for 4 hungry adults with several pieces left over to take home. It's so large, it will hardly fit on the table. But my absolute favorite menu item is Shrimp Ala Nina - mushrooms, ham, & sauted onion over a bed of hot linquine. Oh.My.Gosh it's good, and the portion is large enough for 2 adults to share. I have also enjoyed their Rib Eye and Chicken Ceasar Salad. Do yourself a favor and go there soon! Another thing about Vincenzo's that I appreciate is that their wait staff is always dressed in a neat and clean manner - dark slacks, white shirts, hair combed, no saggin' slacks, etc. Some of their wait staff has been there for years and years, so that tells you it's a good place to work. They hire teenagers to bus the tables, and they are as neat, clean and courteous as the wait staff. My only complaint is they are closed on Sundays. It would be nice to eat there after church, but everybody needs a day off! I am not a drinker, but from their menu, it appears they offer a good selection of wine. And visit their web site to determine which night is "all you can eat spaghetti" night. I'm sure the place is packed out!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Vacationermom
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great pasta dishes delivered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

great meatballs and pasta and also spinach raviolis. helpful delivery person. They have fresh tasty salads and bread as well. They delivered right to the hotel room.

Visited January 2013